Far Cry 3 stutter/lag spikes! Please help!

DrPoonHammer

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Just what the title says, I'm getting stuttering and lag spikes while playing Far Cry 3 even though my PC can run BF3 on ultra without any issues. :(

PC specs:
Intel i7 2700k
GTX 670 sli (x2)
16GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit

P.S I'm also running the latest Nvidia driver (310.70)

Please help I would really like to have the stutter free Far Cry 3 experience.

bwrlane

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Everybody is having this. Your system is almost identical to mine. Have a look at this thread, which I started.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/525875/pc-games/680-sli-and-terrible-performance-in-far-cry-3/

Basically the problems are as you describe, terrible and inconsistent performance. Low frame rates when enemies appear.

The game just runs badly, although there is little consensus on whether the game or nVidia's drivers are at fault. There's a tendency to suggest that it's the game because AMD users are having similar issues.

In terms of the problems themselves, the SLI profile doesn't work properly, MSAA in game is broken and shadows result in excessive CPU load.

Various solutions have been found to help.

Load the custom SLI profile that's been knocking around (google it). Load it in NVInspector.

Disabling SLI results in more consistent, although not better performance.

Turn off in game MSAA and over-ride the game's anti-aliasing from within NV control panel.

Turn shadows down to medium.

Write to Ubi Soft and tell them that you don't appreciate them launching games with beta code.

Good luck

DrPoonHammer

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I've tried all the suggestions above and my game play has improved significantly, but none have actually fixed the stuttering. Has anyone completely managed to eliminate the stuttering?

P.S I've also tried playing on a lower setting and this is just disappointing, considering I have one of the higher end cards. :(

Alexander Tsodikov

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Try HiAlgoBoost or HiAlgoSwithc... It should remove your lag spikes.

HiAlgo SWITCH v0.1 released. What it does: toggles resolution with a click of a button. Works for DX9 games.

Verified so far (on an AMD Graphics card):

This is why i dont buy games from big studios anymore. no battlefield 3 or 4 for me, no farcry 4 no crysis 2 or 3....

Those games are terrible when it comes to optimizations (console ports, etc, etc).

Since I dont think you can actually sue them for this, I decided to simply stop buying their games.

Im quite sure sooner or later someone will make a hotfix or a mod to improve it, but im afraid for now you are stuck with that.

Marlonius

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Just gave Hialgoboost a test run, it increases fps on the fly by destroying image quality, and in fact lowered my fps 85fps without, 72fps with....

Marlonius

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

AMD FX4100 @ 4.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3 @ 1866, ASUS 7770Ghz @ 1120mhz Core & 1650mhz on the GDDR5, dont really need that program just thought I'd give it a whirl. I wasnt joking tho, it kills the image quality to achieve its supposed performance gains.. much better off dropping the resolution a bit and dropping post processing, shadow and object quality down, at least then you still have something half decent looking.

abdulhadi Khan

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Have you done this: go into AFTERBURNER and enable the frame limiter at 60 FPS then ENABLE IN GAME VYSNC in game and its buttery smooth, this is what used to be done in Elder Scrolls Skyrim to get that to work perfectly.

Or:

Changing D3D11MultithreadedRendering="1" to D3D11MultithreadedRendering="0" in the GamerProfile.xml file

i bet this will help because it solve my issue gtx 770 sli i m getting constant 80-90 with stutter free

nuclearharry

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
im having the same problems 4770k 16gb ram 780ti and single player plays buttery smooth multiplayer is laggy as hell and the frame stutters make me feel sick its such a shame this game has so much potentiol to be a great multiplayer game

joydivision39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
HI guys, I'm having issues with SLI too.... Every-time I look at a town my FPS goes from like 80-70 fps down too 45-35 inside the towns. Is there a solution or anything that can help this? I want to finish the game before I play far cry 4.

My specs:
Intel I5-4690k
Gtx 780 ti X 2
16 GB Vengeance ram

VenkataPalle

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
If your are playing in laptop/notebook plug in charging and play.. there will not be any lags..
If you play on battery power u will get lags...

Venkata Palle

mi1ez

Splendid

This thread is 3 years old. OP's probably upgraded by now (not to mention game and driver updates)