Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

motorola v265: keep lost signal. Is this normal?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 3:17:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

This is the 3rd day since I upgraded to the Motorola V265. The phone is
on, and it will lost singal, "No Service", in every few minutes. Then
turn back on with 4 to 5 bars in another few minutes. I sent a txt
message to myself with a ringtone last night. So far I cannot even
download the ringtone since the phone will say "No Service" during the
middle of download or while I'm reading the message.

Is this normal? Or there is problem with the phone?

By the way, the weather last night and today is fairly windy. I don't
know whether this matters.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Eric.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 2:24:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

<echi111@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:1116440252.807976.271430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> This is the 3rd day since I upgraded to the Motorola V265. The phone is
> on, and it will lost singal, "No Service", in every few minutes. Then
> turn back on with 4 to 5 bars in another few minutes. I sent a txt
> message to myself with a ringtone last night. So far I cannot even
> download the ringtone since the phone will say "No Service" during the
> middle of download or while I'm reading the message.
>
> Is this normal? Or there is problem with the phone?
>
> By the way, the weather last night and today is fairly windy. I don't
> know whether this matters.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> Eric.


What kind of service have you gotten previously? Did it act the same way?
The V265 has a reputation for excellent reception, one of Verizons best. If
the problem you described has not been ongoing for a while than the problem
most likely lies in your specific phone. You should have it checked.

I was on the Outer Banks a couple of weeks ago for a wedding. There were
wind gusts in the 50-70 mph range. Reception was not affected at all, in
fact I was able to maintain clear contact with other family members (all on
Verizon) with no difficulty at all.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 9:25:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hi folks, thanks very much for your help and suggestions.

I actually was with my daughter the first evening when I started having
the problem. She upgraded to a new Samsung A670. While my phone kept
losing signals, she was busy downloading new ringtones by sending
emails to her phone. She didn't lost signal at all.

My phone is probably a bad copy. And there could be bug in the firmware
of this phone (as one of you suggets to take battery out.)

I have decided to change to a LG 6100 instead since I want a tri-mode
phone.

Thanks for all your help and reply.

Eric.
May 20, 2005 1:42:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Suggestion for a cheap easy test before you drive yourself crazy:

If you have your old phone, charge it up and turn it on. Keep both phones
within view. See how the old phone behaves when the new one loses service.
Try to make a call to "611" on the old phone. If the call to James Earl
Jones drops out too, (if both behave the same), then there is a network
problem. If the old phone appears to maintain service, then the problem is
either in the PRL or the phone itself.

If you don't have your old phone, borrow someone else's old phone. Not as
scientific a test but still more or less valid.

HTH,
Dean
____________________________________
<echi111@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:1116440252.807976.271430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> This is the 3rd day since I upgraded to the Motorola V265. The phone is
> on, and it will lost singal, "No Service", in every few minutes. Then
> turn back on with 4 to 5 bars in another few minutes. I sent a txt
> message to myself with a ringtone last night. So far I cannot even
> download the ringtone since the phone will say "No Service" during the
> middle of download or while I'm reading the message.
>
> Is this normal? Or there is problem with the phone?
>
> By the way, the weather last night and today is fairly windy. I don't
> know whether this matters.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> Eric.
>
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:57:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

You will be disappointed with the reception of the VX6100 compared to the
V265 (when working properly).

<echi111@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:1116548724.583691.15200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi folks, thanks very much for your help and suggestions.
>
> I actually was with my daughter the first evening when I started having
> the problem. She upgraded to a new Samsung A670. While my phone kept
> losing signals, she was busy downloading new ringtones by sending
> emails to her phone. She didn't lost signal at all.
>
> My phone is probably a bad copy. And there could be bug in the firmware
> of this phone (as one of you suggets to take battery out.)
>
> I have decided to change to a LG 6100 instead since I want a tri-mode
> phone.
>
> Thanks for all your help and reply.
>
> Eric.
>
May 20, 2005 5:00:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Just FYI,

The v265 IS a tri-mode phone.

Dean
_____________________________________
<echi111@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:1116548724.583691.15200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi folks, thanks very much for your help and suggestions.
>
> I actually was with my daughter the first evening when I started having
> the problem. She upgraded to a new Samsung A670. While my phone kept
> losing signals, she was busy downloading new ringtones by sending
> emails to her phone. She didn't lost signal at all.
>
> My phone is probably a bad copy. And there could be bug in the firmware
> of this phone (as one of you suggets to take battery out.)
>
> I have decided to change to a LG 6100 instead since I want a tri-mode
> phone.
>
> Thanks for all your help and reply.
>
> Eric.
>
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 10:42:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The V265 is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com

It's a piece of junk that never should have been released.

If you have one call for a replacement.


<echi111@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:1116440252.807976.271430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> This is the 3rd day since I upgraded to the Motorola V265. The phone is
> on, and it will lost singal, "No Service", in every few minutes. Then
> turn back on with 4 to 5 bars in another few minutes. I sent a txt
> message to myself with a ringtone last night. So far I cannot even
> download the ringtone since the phone will say "No Service" during the
> middle of download or while I'm reading the message.
>
> Is this normal? Or there is problem with the phone?
>
> By the way, the weather last night and today is fairly windy. I don't
> know whether this matters.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> Eric.
>
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 2:29:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:_QVje.6409$fd.4901@trnddc03...
> The V265 is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com
>
> It's a piece of junk that never should have been released.
>
> If you have one call for a replacement.
>

Strangely enough, there are lots of people who would disagree with you and
find the V265 to be an excellent phone with clear reception and transmitting
and outstanding RF.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 8:54:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> > The V265 is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com
> >
> > It's a piece of junk that never should have been released.
> >
> > If you have one call for a replacement.
> >
>
> Strangely enough, there are lots of people who would disagree with
you and
> find the V265 to be an excellent phone with clear reception and
transmitting
> and outstanding RF.

Keep your hope up, the Bell Labs Nobel Prize winners are working on the
matter:

"New Jersey Institute of Technology/Bell Labs physicist
participates in international team that studied the unquiet sun when it
was most
active and found interesting phenomena

Newark, NJ -- The sun's surface is a violent and turbulent place, where
a fiery
tempest always blows. Scientists are reporting in the journal Science
today that
they have finally succeeded in getting a good three-dimensional view of
it.

"The sun is huffing and puffing and blowing off steam," said NJIT/Bell
Labs
physicist member of an international team that used the
Ulysses spacecraft to make the first-ever 3-D study of our parent star
during
solar maximum, the peak of the sun's 11-year activity cycle. "Ulysses
gave us a
chance to observe the sun from unique vantage points to better
understand solar
storms and their consequences."

Sun spots, thats the ticket, JG.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:07:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Just curious if you experienced this: I recently upgrade too - and the
past couple of weeks I have noticed static on my phone. My sons' phone
sounds fine.. but my other son - his phone we have to take back cause
we were unable to hear him. Anyway........any one notice static on
theirs?


--
RochelleH
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:43:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"RochelleH" <RochelleH.1q7xkz@mobile-forum.co.uk> wrote in message
news:RochelleH.1q7xkz@mobile-forum.co.uk...
>
> Just curious if you experienced this: I recently upgrade too - and the
> past couple of weeks I have noticed static on my phone. My sons' phone
> sounds fine.. but my other son - his phone we have to take back cause
> we were unable to hear him. Anyway........any one notice static on
> theirs?
>
>
> --
> RochelleH

Take the phone in and get it checked. There are a lot of happy V265 users
out there, but also it seems like a significant number that had problems
with static. Alltel pulled the V265 from their website a couple of months
back, just for that reason.

You should not have static, both my wifes and my V265 have perfectly clear
sound.
June 8, 2005 7:37:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <WSepe.293827$cg1.202078@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
carlkeehn@worldnet.att.net says...
>
> "RochelleH" <RochelleH.1q7xkz@mobile-forum.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:RochelleH.1q7xkz@mobile-forum.co.uk...
> >
> > Just curious if you experienced this: I recently upgrade too - and the
> > past couple of weeks I have noticed static on my phone. My sons' phone
> > sounds fine.. but my other son - his phone we have to take back cause
> > we were unable to hear him. Anyway........any one notice static on
> > theirs?
> >
> >
> > --
> > RochelleH
>
> Take the phone in and get it checked. There are a lot of happy V265 users
> out there, but also it seems like a significant number that had problems
> with static. Alltel pulled the V265 from their website a couple of months
> back, just for that reason.
>
> You should not have static, both my wifes and my V265 have perfectly clear
> sound.
>
>
>
A tech at the VZ store strongly recommended I get the 710 rather than
the 265 because of how many of them have static problems.

Louise
!