Cheap good gaming headset

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
This headset is a very good headset I have it myself and my the sound is so clear, also the mic is very good and all people can hear me so clear on teamspeak and other VOIP programs.

the creative headsets are ok... not great but you cant have great at that price. for the money they aint bad. but for me if you want good sound out of a pc headset then stenhieser is the company to look at.
if you want slightly better music sound then forget gaming gear get a set of headphones.

mkn9

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Check out the Plantronics 780 on amazon, it's a USB headset but it's good for gaming. Simulated 7.1 sound too.

@HEXiT He could get Sennheiser or Audio Technica headphones but they'll be significantly more expensive and he might as well buy a proper sound card or headphone DAC to get proper sound out of them anyways.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
so my friend gave me his old skullcandy hesh, but when i plug them in my pc the right ear have those annoying beeps and other noises (only the right side) and if i could make them stop i can use those with an external mic. anyone knows how to stop it?

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

I agree, one of the best headsets I have even owned- especially for the price. Im wearing them right now!

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

depends which ones you go for

ive found that senhiser are better for classical music as they are more balanced towards the treble clef but not very good for the low sound's like explosions etc

some are good but others are not.

make sure to have a quick look at the review section on amazon for example before you buy them.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
guys what you're offering me is pretty great, but i want to know more about the razer old republic. it's waaaaay above my budget but it mite be worth it. are they any good? am i gonna need a knew sound card for 'em?
and what about the hesh? can i make them stop buzzing and humming and beeping?

coolhandlukeboy

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Sennheisers sound too veiled for me... it's like an ag coating for lcd displays... everything sounds somehow muffled. Least ways on Sennheisers low end cans. Even without a good sound card or headphone DAC, the Audiotechnica cans are going to sound better than regular headsets. Well... for most motherboards... now, on my 360, audiophile phones make the terrible sound even worse, accentuating every gruesomely inaccurate note.

The Razer Old Republic has more in the way of reviews about their leds and cool looks than sound... not always a good sign. The sensitivity is waaaaaay too low for the price tag 37db? Seriously?

I would second or third the referral of the Plantronics 780s. I tried them out a while back and liked them a lot. Good, entry level audio with decently accurate sound.