Overclocking Duron 1.3

ChkYaHead

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2003
Ok, I've read a bit on this, but I'm really not 100% sure what I should do. On my last CPU I could simply alter the BIOS CPU settings and do what I want. Evidently you cna't do this with the Durons? On my current BIOS I can only alter the CPU speed and the memory speed. The default settings were 100/100 and the possible changes are 100/133, 133/133, 133/100. When I put it up to 133/133 does that mean the the FSB is now 133 instead of 100, and if so, given that the 1300 speed was based on a 100 FSB the multiplier was 13? And if that's the case, then running 133 FSB now the CPU speed would be 1729 (13*133)?
So is this right or will I have to alter the CPU itself? and IF so, what are the schematics on that? which pins do I need to connect/disconnect?

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
all you need to do is take a regular pencil (even mechanical pencil) and join the points on the L1 bridge together, column by column - thats it, then you've got an unlocked multiplyer

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

ChkYaHead

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2003
Ok, but my BIOS doesn't let me mess with the multipliers. So if I connect all the bridges, what will happen.

Also, I have an Amptron mobo, and from what I can tell it's not too high end. The model number is k7-m810dlu. None of the windows FSB programs even recognize it, so I'd assume there'd be not aftermarket BIOS to alter the CPU options to allow me to modify the FSB and multiplier.

Connecting the bridges do nothing but alter the multipliers. IT doesn't alter the FSB readings...correct.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
thats right, connecting the L1 bridges would do nothing but allow you to mes around with the multiplyers, but if theres no way for you to do so (not even using dip-switches on the mobo??) then it is kinda pointless, and there is no alternate way to OC your cpu's fsb without a BIOS utility

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>