another FF7 game announced

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 28, 2004 6:38:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation (More info?)

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (working title)

Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of
their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyv...

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/10/27/ff...

http://psp.ign.com/objects/711/711340.html?ui=gamefinde...

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
also known as:
Crisis Core: FFVII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7

Described as an action RPG, this game becomes the fourth entry in the
"Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" project which includes Before
Crisis: Final Fantasy VII for mobile, Final Fantasy VII: Advent
Children for DVD and Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus for PS2.
Production is being overseen by Yoshinori Kitase, the director of the
original Final Fantasy VII, with Hajime Tahata serving as director.
Tahata and Kitase served similar roles on the development of Before
Crisis. Character designs for the game are being handled by Square
Enix superstar Tetsuya Nomura.

More about : ff7 game announced

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 12:59:53 AM

"Vortex" <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (working title)
>
> Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of
> their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyv...
>
> http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/10/27/ff...
>

> http://psp.ign.com/objects/711/711340.html?ui=gamefinde...
>
> Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
> also known as:
> Crisis Core: FFVII
> Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
>
> Described as an action RPG, this game becomes the fourth entry in the
> "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" project which includes Before
> Crisis: Final Fantasy VII for mobile, Final Fantasy VII: Advent
> Children for DVD and Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus for PS2.
> Production is being overseen by Yoshinori Kitase, the director of the
> original Final Fantasy VII, with Hajime Tahata serving as director.
> Tahata and Kitase served similar roles on the development of Before
> Crisis. Character designs for the game are being handled by Square
> Enix superstar Tetsuya Nomura.

It's over, guys. I wasn't ready to admit it until just now, but it's over.

-Homyguy Z
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 2:32:19 PM

"Homyguy Z" <amhaynes@bulldog.unca.edu> wrote in message news:<2uivbbF2bhshuU1@uni-berlin.de>...

> It's over, guys. I wasn't ready to admit it until just now, but it's over.
>
> -Homyguy Z

The PSP will own the DS's monkey ass...if ya smell what I'm cookin'.
<raises right eyebrow>
November 2, 2004 2:42:25 AM

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Vortex <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (working title)

> Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of
> their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.

So is this just a port of FFVII to the PSP, or a new game in the FFVII
universe, or something completely different?

Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
what's-his-name's airship ;)
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 11:00:07 AM

Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message news:<10odif1ps27vi1f@corp.supernews.com>...
> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Vortex <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (working title)
>
> > Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of
> > their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.
>

> So is this just a port of FFVII to the PSP, or a new game in the FFVII
> universe, or something completely different?
>
> Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
> where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
> what's-his-name's airship ;)

I read at one of those game sites that it is just a port, but they
didn't seem to know too much either. Was X-2 "that" popular? I thought
the game was fun, but as far as plot goes, mediocre, to say the most.
Aeris dons a thong? Beeezzare, but has its attractions! <Oil Can Harry
twirls waxed mustachio>
November 2, 2004 2:26:58 PM

Doug Jacobs wrote:

> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Vortex <vortex_combaticon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (working title)
>
> > Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of
> > their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.
>
> So is this just a port of FFVII to the PSP, or a new game in the FFVII
> universe, or something completely different?
>
> Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
> where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
> what's-his-name's airship ;)

"What's-his-name"? I hope that was a joke.

BTW, I finally bought Kingdom Hearts. Meh.

--

Life should be like a romantic comedy, only with little singing and NO
dancing at all.

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> > Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
> > where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
> > what's-his-name's airship ;)

> "What's-his-name"? I hope that was a joke.

I couldn't remember his name, and didn't feel like looking it up ;)
Biff? Blick? Clyde? Cloud? Argh...it's right on the tip of my tongue...

> BTW, I finally bought Kingdom Hearts. Meh.

It's a bit slow until you finish Wonder Land. After that, the game really
picks up. How far have you gotten so far?
November 2, 2004 11:16:02 PM

Doug Jacobs wrote:

> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > > Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
> > > where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
> > > what's-his-name's airship ;)
>
> > "What's-his-name"? I hope that was a joke.
>
> I couldn't remember his name, and didn't feel like looking it up ;)
> Biff? Blick? Clyde? Cloud? Argh...it's right on the tip of my tongue...

Cid. For shame! One of the few constants from game to game in the FF
series. :)

> > BTW, I finally bought Kingdom Hearts. Meh.
>
> It's a bit slow until you finish Wonder Land. After that, the game really
> picks up. How far have you gotten so far?

Just beat Captain Hook. Only part I liked was the Hundred-Acre Wood. I
liked Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid.

Guess it's just not the game for me. The non-boss fights were too
repetitive and frequent for my linking. Too much re-spawning. Some of
the boss fights were okay, though.

Next RPG (if I'm still around) for me will be Baten Kaitos on the GC.
The combat system looks pretty interesting.

--

Life should be like a romantic comedy, only with little singing and NO
dancing at all.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 2:25:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation (More info?)

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> > I couldn't remember his name, and didn't feel like looking it up ;)
> > Biff? Blick? Clyde? Cloud? Argh...it's right on the tip of my tongue...

> Cid. For shame! One of the few constants from game to game in the FF
> series. :)

Just slipped my mind.

> > > BTW, I finally bought Kingdom Hearts. Meh.
> >
> > It's a bit slow until you finish Wonder Land. After that, the game really
> > picks up. How far have you gotten so far?

> Just beat Captain Hook. Only part I liked was the Hundred-Acre Wood. I
> liked Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid.

100 Acre Woods was the area I had a lot of trouble with - especially that
"push Pooh on the swing" game. I figured out really early how to send him
flying 100s of yards but couldn't get him to land near Eeyore for the life
of me... It was also spooky the way Pooh would follow you around too.
Silly bear almost always ended up with his nose where no nose should be,
if you get my drift.

> Guess it's just not the game for me. The non-boss fights were too
> repetitive and frequent for my linking. Too much re-spawning. Some of
> the boss fights were okay, though.

The combat does get a bit reptitive, but after awhile you just smack the
stuff down so fast you hardly notice anymore.

If you want some really challenging fights, be sure to keep going back to
the coliseum... Once you win all the cups, you open up some new
challenges, including a certain bad-ass from FFVII (I never managed to
defeat him though.)

> Next RPG (if I'm still around) for me will be Baten Kaitos on the GC.
> The combat system looks pretty interesting.

Haven't heard of that one. Is it an import title?
November 3, 2004 2:37:37 AM

Doug Jacobs wrote:

> > Next RPG (if I'm still around) for me will be Baten Kaitos on the GC.
> > The combat system looks pretty interesting.
>
> Haven't heard of that one. Is it an import title?

Coming out on the 16th, according to gamefaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/data/37838.htm...

--

Life should be like a romantic comedy, only with little singing and NO
dancing at all.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 4:13:26 AM

RogerM wrote:
>>>Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (working title)
>>
>>>Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of
>>>their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.
>>So is this just a port of FFVII to the PSP, or a new game in the FFVII
>>universe, or something completely different?
>>
>>Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
>>where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
>>what's-his-name's airship ;)
> "What's-his-name"? I hope that was a joke.

What happens if it isn't?

> BTW, I finally bought Kingdom Hearts. Meh.

--
Jonathan McArthur
This one is new: http://www.satoriday.tk/

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation (More info?)

> America is like a spoiled rock star. It only wants to hear that it is
> beautiful and talented.

....aww, poor canuck :-P no one even bothers to tell you you're beautiful
and talented?
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 4:19:46 PM

"flux" <amberflux@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> America is like a spoiled rock star. It only wants to hear that it is
>> beautiful and talented.
>
> ...aww, poor canuck :-P no one even bothers to tell you you're beautiful
> and talented?

Let's face it, Canada is the sensible shoes-wearing Martha Dumptruck to the
crazy but sexy Angelina Jolie of the USA

- Steve
November 11, 2004 1:15:23 AM

flux wrote:

> > America is like a spoiled rock star. It only wants to hear that it is
> > beautiful and talented.
>
> ...aww, poor canuck :-P no one even bothers to tell you you're beautiful
> and talented?

Once in while they do, and it's not because I threatened them or paid
them off.

;)

--

America is like a spoiled rock star. It only wants to hear that it is
beautiful and talented.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 3:00:40 PM

"Steve Jones" <xaos@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> "flux" <amberflux@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> America is like a spoiled rock star. It only wants to hear that it is
> >> beautiful and talented.
> >
> > ...aww, poor canuck :-P no one even bothers to tell you you're
beautiful
> > and talented?
>
> Let's face it, Canada is the sensible shoes-wearing Martha Dumptruck to
the
> crazy but sexy Angelina Jolie of the USA
>
> - Steve

LOL

true though.....
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 9:53:23 PM

Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message news:<10og5r7fmo1mi47@corp.supernews.com>...
> In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > > I couldn't remember his name, and didn't feel like looking it up ;)
> > > Biff? Blick? Clyde? Cloud? Argh...it's right on the tip of my tongue...
>
> > Cid. For shame! One of the few constants from game to game in the FF
> > series. :)
>
> Just slipped my mind.

> > > It's a bit slow until you finish Wonder Land. After that, the game really
> > > picks up. How far have you gotten so far?
>
> > Just beat Captain Hook. Only part I liked was the Hundred-Acre Wood. I
> > liked Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid.
>
> 100 Acre Woods was the area I had a lot of trouble with - especially that
> "push Pooh on the swing" game. I figured out really early how to send him
> flying 100s of yards but couldn't get him to land near Eeyore for the life
> of me... It was also spooky the way Pooh would follow you around too.
> Silly bear almost always ended up with his nose where no nose should be,
> if you get my drift.
>
> > Guess it's just not the game for me. The non-boss fights were too
> > repetitive and frequent for my linking. Too much re-spawning. Some of
> > the boss fights were okay, though.
>
> The combat does get a bit reptitive, but after awhile you just smack the
> stuff down so fast you hardly notice anymore.
>
> If you want some really challenging fights, be sure to keep going back to
> the coliseum... Once you win all the cups, you open up some new
> challenges, including a certain bad-ass from FFVII (I never managed to
> defeat him though.)

One of the most difficult fights I have encountered on any RPG so far.

Leon (Squall) and Yuffie was a bit of a nightmare, but made much
easier with the right tactic... Clous however - that was a toughie!!!

> > Next RPG (if I'm still around) for me will be Baten Kaitos on the GC.
> > The combat system looks pretty interesting.
>
> Haven't heard of that one. Is it an import title?
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 5:56:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.games.v (More info?)

>Given how popular FFX-2 was, they should do an alternate universe thing
>where Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris go around in skimpy, changable costumes, on
>what's-his-name's airship ;)

Final Fantasy Beach Volleyball!
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 1:38:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation (More info?)

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:19:46 -0800, "Steve Jones"
<xaos@mindspring.com> wrote:

> "flux" <amberflux@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> America is like a spoiled rock star. It only wants to hear that it is
> >> beautiful and talented.
> >
> > ...aww, poor canuck :-P no one even bothers to tell you you're beautiful
> > and talented?
>
> Let's face it, Canada is the sensible shoes-wearing Martha Dumptruck to the
> crazy but sexy Angelina Jolie of the USA

Crazy but sexy? America is a schizophrenic, faux-edgy,
pushing-boundaries-that-aren't-actually-there, repressed Puritan
kill-em-all Evangelical Alternative Punk Pop-Culture Hell. And that's
just the civilized states. Not my idea of sexy, but to each his own, I
guess.

Angelina Jolie? Yuck.

January 2, 2005 5:29:37 AM

News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>100,000 Newsgroups

Eh?

"Canada is like a loft apartment, over a really great party"
-Robin Williams
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 5:42:41 PM

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:38:23 -0600, Kumo Atsureki <atsureki.comcast@net>
wrote in message <g4uet0dn3ki0aue2138dkb92rkm1bgfhpe@4ax.com>:

>Crazy but sexy? America is a schizophrenic, faux-edgy,
>pushing-boundaries-that-aren't-actually-there, repressed Puritan
>kill-em-all Evangelical Alternative Punk Pop-Culture Hell. And that's
>just the civilized states.

Really? I'll take that over snooty foppish Eurotrash regimes that would
behave the same way as the U.S. if they had the power. If they had the
chance, they'd go back to the European imperialist world power structure
of the 18th and 19th centuries without a second thought.
!