Far Cry 3 Download RIDICULOUSLY slow? Please help

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Im downloading Far Cry 3 so that i can put in a promo code for Ubisoft. The download times are unacceptable slow at about 50 kb/s when i usually do 600kb/s on any other downloads like on Steam. Is this normal from Ubisoft and is the downloader legit or a scam downloader, from "Digital River"

http://i.imgur.com/tWwKo.jpg

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

this dosent help me at all. i want to know if that is the official downloader and if that is normal download speed

Hi :)

The OFFICIAL download is one of two ways... Either STEAM or UPLAY...

I was telling you my speed to say yours was TOO SLOW...

And a little more politeness, from you might help, if you want assistance here...

All the best Brett :)

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

I understand it is too slow which is why i posted requesting help. The downloader im using is from a company called DigitalRiver which i believe provides all downloads for games bought from the Ubisoft store, but i dont know which is why im asking. I provided a picture to show what the downloader looks like and i want to know from others who have downloaded a game from ubisoft if that is an actual official downloader. i want to make sure im not downloading a virus or something

Hi :)

So why not just download it through Steam... ?

All the best Brett :)

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Because i dont have a STEAM KEY i have a UBISOFT KEY!

If you dont know how to help at all, please dont post

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

im not insulting you, im just frustrated with this 50kb/s download speed.

Please tell me how i can download the game off the steam client without buying the game from them first. I got a key as a promo from buying a PC component and it says i need to download from ubisoft, nothing about steam

xupaguy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Being rude to the people who are trying to help you isn't going to endear them to you for long, what Brett928S2 asked was a valid question.
A lot of software companys sell their products by quite a few online retailers. When Ubisoft brings out a game, they 99 times out if 100 also bringit out on Steam.

The best thing is, the Ubisoft/Steam key are usually transferable, (my past purchases have been at least), so for Brett928S2 to have asked have you tried using Steam isn't as mad as it sounds.

Try it, you never know, you just might get more than 50kbs.
I had a download voucher for Hawx 2 and made the mistake of downloading it through Ubisoft and it took what seemed like a week.
Using Steam instead can be a godsend.

xupaguy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
It does look as I've known it, but for speed, a quick google search well confirm that they are notoriously slow, and that's at the best of times.

Just stick with it, it well eventually download.

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Ok, i agree that is the best course of action. Ill just let it run overnight and hope it speeds up maybe with less users. Thanks