Updating Firmware on AIT50 Hotswap

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

How do you update the firmware on the AIT50 Hotswap tape drive? I would
prefer a Windows-based utility for doing this if one exists. The Compaq
tape drive floppy set of seven floppies is just hanging on our Proliant
6400R, and I don't see a way to get it to do the upgrade correctly.

--
Will

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

you may want to try using the firmware maintenance CD ... it supposedly has
*everything* on it, and should be able to update your firmware for you.

- LC

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
> How do you update the firmware on the AIT50 Hotswap tape drive? I would
> prefer a Windows-based utility for doing this if one exists. The Compaq
> tape drive floppy set of seven floppies is just hanging on our Proliant
> 6400R, and I don't see a way to get it to do the upgrade correctly.
>
> --
> Will

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

You should be able to update everything to do with a tape drive through
Library and Tape Tools.

Stick "L&TT" in the search box from www.hp.com, and you can download from
there. It has a firmware updater thing.

"Jez T" <Take-out-the-dashes@-plum-pie.co.uk> wrote in message
> You should be able to update everything to do with a tape drive through
> Library and Tape Tools.
>
> Stick "L&TT" in the search box from www.hp.com, and you can download from
> there. It has a firmware updater thing.

Ahh, yes. Good Catch. I dont work with HP/Compaq tapes that much so I forgot
about tape tools.

nice work.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

It's an honor and a priviledge to have cracked the NuTCrAcKeR !!!