Xbox 360 Arcade lag?

oss43456

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hey guys i was wondering if there is any difference (hardware wise) between the xbox 360 arcade and the xbox 360 pro because i was trying to play far cry 3 on my arcade and it looks nothing like the videos. It lags and has very low resolution. Is it because of and hdmi? Also i was wondering where the cheapest and most reliable place to buy and xbox 360 pro 60gb.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Depending on when they were made, the only difference will possibly be chipset, heatsink design and die size, though all those factors can be the same if they were made in the same month or something.

Well consoles are locked at 30FPS and are stretched on higher HDMI resolutions making them look worse.

There should be no performance difference between the consoles as they use exactly the same hardware, excluding the chipset.

The best place is probably Amazon if they still sell them, ebay is probably the best source for old Xbox 360s but be careful on there.

And if you ever hear 'arcades are crappier than the pro and elite because they always break or whatever' then that is BS, the arcade is the same as the pro and elite minus the chrome disc tray cover, the hard drive and the black plastics of the elite and some other accessories - just as a side note......

oss43456

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

lol i have the arcade and i don't fond a difference other than hardware.

oss43456

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

have you seen far cry 3 gameplay? you know how it is sooo smooth. Well my game lags like it look very 8-bit...ish and it lags like lagging to the max.