I can understand a flawed update, but how come ZoneAlarm is risking all of
the goodwill they have by not withdrawing it until the bugs are worked out?
My 4.5 ZoneAlarm Pro is still insisting that I should update to 5.0 in spite
of all of the difficulties expressed in many forums, even in the ZoneAlarm
forum which is generally disposed to promote the good points of the product.

Ma No

Ma No wrote:

> I can understand a flawed update, but how come ZoneAlarm is risking all of
> the goodwill they have by not withdrawing it until the bugs are worked out?
> My 4.5 ZoneAlarm Pro is still insisting that I should update to 5.0 in spite
> of all of the difficulties expressed in many forums, even in the ZoneAlarm
> forum which is generally disposed to promote the good points of the product.
>
> Ma No

I noticed that as well and I really don't have any answer which might
explain their actions. From what I have seen there are MANY unhappy
people (paying customers). You can turn off the notices by going to
"Overview" and selecting "Manual" updates. Note: It gives you a message
warning you about that you could be vulnerable to hackers by turning it
off. Presumably this is to keep you up to date.

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."