US Robotics 9105/9106 firewall

Archived from groups: comp.networks,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

Hello,

I've got a US Robotics 9106 modem/router and I see it uses iptables and
ebtables (same as 9105 ?). There seems little technical information availble
in newsgroups, forums and websites. The best I have is a command line
reference and whatever help programs like iptables display. Does anyone know
a good spot (preferable a a NG or a forum) where "real USR hackers" hang out
?

Or ... what I'm looking for at the moment;
- where are the iptables (and ebtables) sources stored
- can I use both the web- and command line interface without interfering
- is ReAim (reaim) really necessary when not using AIM and how do I stop
it
- any pitfalls
- all the technical docs / tutorials / etc available

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
1 answer Last reply
More about robotics 9105 9106 firewall
  1. Archived from groups: comp.networks,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    I have the 9106 router.
    First I thought there were problems because I couldn't reach working
    servers by requesting them with the internet ip.

    After a while i found that my servers are accessible external (not on my
    lan) but not internal because the router blocks the loop.

    I believe that the webinterface does the same as what you do with telnet.

    Great router btw!

    I don't now anything about specific newsgroups or help files...

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:19:33 +0200, Stefan wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've got a US Robotics 9106 modem/router and I see it uses iptables and
    > ebtables (same as 9105 ?). There seems little technical information availble
    > in newsgroups, forums and websites. The best I have is a command line
    > reference and whatever help programs like iptables display. Does anyone know
    > a good spot (preferable a a NG or a forum) where "real USR hackers" hang out
    > ?
    >
    > Or ... what I'm looking for at the moment;
    > - where are the iptables (and ebtables) sources stored
    > - can I use both the web- and command line interface without interfering
    > - is ReAim (reaim) really necessary when not using AIM and how do I stop
    > it
    > - any pitfalls
    > - all the technical docs / tutorials / etc available
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Stefan

Firewalls Robotics Networking