ICEnhancer - GTA 4 problem

BootyNice

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Well, i tried ICEnhancer, the lastest version and it works well, the problem is when i try to use programs in background like MSI Afterburner, Xfire.. Is there any solution for that? Because i want to see the FPS drawing and at the same time chat with friends (Xfire).

BootyNice

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

Whenever i try to play GTA 4 while having Xfire running in the background, the well known "GTA 4 stopped working" window pops up...

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I don't know about Xfire but you wrote something about MSI AfterBurner.MSI Afterburner was known to have problems with Enb series/iCEnhancer but the latest version v2.3.0 should fix that.IF Afterburner still causes problems after updating,try the free version of fraps if you want to monitor FPS and Xfire to chat at the same time.However, fraps is able to record only for 30 seconds or something like that,in the free version.Hope this helps.:)
PS-If you have further problems, post the event log from Problem Reports and solutions in Windows.:)

BootyNice

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

Are your sure that ICEnhancer v.2.3.0 is the lastest version? In the Icenhancer website, v2.1 appears as the lastest version, and thats what i installed.

BootyNice

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

Yeah, but im sad because it won´t work with Xfire :/... I'll have to uninstall icenhancer, there's no other way...

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
It's because certain programs conflict with the d3d9.dll of ICEnhancer (Riviatuner, Xfire & MSI Afterburner for example).

-Quoted from iCEnhancer proboards.I have used iCEnhancer and MSI Afterburner so I think the problem is not iCEnhancer,but XFire.:)

Angry Bellic

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

If you wanted to see the current frame rates while playing why don't you get FRAPS? Install it first then open it, and then open Grand Theft Auto IV and you will see the current frame rates on the top left corner of your screen.

your correct it doesnt like the overlays these gamer apps use. you have to use ienhancer on the unmodded games with no overlays enabled. not all versions of fraps will work either and some versions have to be loaded after the game has loaded... so if it crashes try changing the load order... ie the game first then fraps...
the version i tried works best on the 1.4 patched version of gta 4 so you may want to use the downgrader if your game is 1.7(they used to have it on the ienhancer site i dunno if they still do after they updated the main exe's)