Which headset would you get?

coolhandlukeboy

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Meh, I avoid gaming headsets like the plague. Personally, I need to have good audio. If you're willing to go for the Siberia go for the Audio Technica AD700 open ear headphones. Then buy the Zalman clip on mic.

The Siberia headphones have extremely recessed mids, annoying highs, and an over abundance of loose bass. They have absolutely no soundstage whatsoever either.

I have owned and do own many types of audiophile headphones. I love the AD700s for gaming since it has great soundstage (which means that it has directionality... that bullet doesn't just whiz by on the left... it whizzes by two feet away on the left and thuds into the ground), brilliant highs and nicely recessed mids. With a few adjustments in the equalizer, then you also have enough bass... tight and punchy. The Zalman mic is only $10-16.

Another option is the M50 which are going down in price to sub $100 levels. These are beast for anything: music, videos, gaming etc. Invest in good headphones... lest you wind up with crappy ones that last 1/4 as long as the good brands.

Don't want Audio Technica? Look up Sennheisers, another popular choice for computer gaming.

Personally, I love the AD700s for gaming, as they truly immerse you in the game. The M50s immerse you in the sound. It's a subtle difference... choose wisely.

Sure you could buy those gaming headsets you mentioned... get really crappy audio, have them break in a year or two and then have to buy another headset... or you could just buy good headphones and have them last for years. My AD700s have lasted me nearly four years and they're still going strong! Sweet!

Links:
AD700
m50

Zalman mic