Running FF7 PC on Win2000

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

I am trying to run FF7, I have a Geforce2 MX card. I have installed the 1.02
patch, the Chocobo patch and the upside down movie patch. Everything works
fine until the end of the first match when the screen fades and should go to
the EXP/items won screen. The screen doesn't appear. Instead their is a lot
of disc activity for a few minutes (I'm using Daemon Tools) then the game
crashes. This also happens when I open the menu and try to access one of the
submenus.

Anyone know how to solve this? Would using a Voodoo2 card make any
difference to this problem?

--

Burning_Ranger

To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

obsidian

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2003

Burning_Ranger wrote:
> I am trying to run FF7, I have a Geforce2 MX card. I have installed the 1.02
> patch, the Chocobo patch and the upside down movie patch. Everything works
> fine until the end of the first match when the screen fades and should go to
> the EXP/items won screen. The screen doesn't appear. Instead their is a lot
> of disc activity for a few minutes (I'm using Daemon Tools) then the game
> crashes. This also happens when I open the menu and try to access one of the
> submenus.
>
> Anyone know how to solve this? Would using a Voodoo2 card make any
> difference to this problem?
>
> --
>
> Burning_Ranger
>
> To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk

Wasn't the upside down movie patch designed for ati based cards?

--
Obsidian