File Sharing w/ Netgear Router and Switch

Hi,

Can someone help me out? I would like to share/tranfer files from a desktop
to a laptop. Both computers are running Windows XP.

I have a Netgear RP614 router and a Netgear FS605 switch. Can someone tell
me what I need and what to do to "network" the two computers?

Thanks,
Bob
4 answers Last reply
More about file sharing netgear router switch

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:53:10 GMT, "beginner" <beginner@aol.com> wrote:

    >Can someone help me out? I would like to share/tranfer files from a desktop
    >to a laptop. Both computers are running Windows XP.
    >
    >I have a Netgear RP614 router and a Netgear FS605 switch. Can someone tell
    >me what I need and what to do to "network" the two computers?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bob

    Bob, meet Tracker.

    Tracker, this is Bob.

    Enjoy.

    "beginner" <beginner@aol.com> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone help me out? I would like to share/tranfer files from a
    > desktop to a laptop. Both computers are running Windows XP.
    >
    > I have a Netgear RP614 router and a Netgear FS605 switch. Can someone
    > tell me what I need and what to do to "network" the two computers?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    I would drop teh Netgear Router myself. Seems they installa backdoor into
    their routers that cannot be closed and is very easily accessible.

    On 2004-06-11 14:21, IS Manager wrote:
    -snip-
    > I would drop teh Netgear Router myself. Seems they installa backdoor into
    > their routers that cannot be closed and is very easily accessible.

    Kind of a broad statement IMO.

    I couldn't google up anything relating to RP614 or FS605 having a
    backdoor, where did you see that?

    There is one in the WG602 (WLAN access point), unless it got fixed lately.

    /Rolf

    Rolf Blom <allspam@round.bin> wrote in news:Lujyc.10$Q%1.14141
    @uab.ericsson.se:

    > On 2004-06-11 14:21, IS Manager wrote:
    > -snip-
    >> I would drop teh Netgear Router myself. Seems they installa backdoor
    into
    >> their routers that cannot be closed and is very easily accessible.
    >
    > Kind of a broad statement IMO.
    >
    > I couldn't google up anything relating to RP614 or FS605 having a
    > backdoor, where did you see that?
    >
    > There is one in the WG602 (WLAN access point), unless it got fixed
    lately.

    > /Rolf

    I had the article somewhere from another NG. Actually it was about a week
    ago I read it. Don't remember the specific model numbers it pertained to
    though. I use Cisco myself and haven't had to deal with Netgear since I was
    contrating in Alaska.

Firewalls Routers Switch Netgear File Sharing Computers Networking