File Sharing w/ Netgear Router and Switch

Hi,

Can someone help me out? I would like to share/tranfer files from a desktop
to a laptop. Both computers are running Windows XP.

I have a Netgear RP614 router and a Netgear FS605 switch. Can someone tell
me what I need and what to do to "network" the two computers?

Thanks,
Bob

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:53:10 GMT, "beginner" <beginner@aol.com> wrote:

>Can someone help me out? I would like to share/tranfer files from a desktop
>to a laptop. Both computers are running Windows XP.
>
>I have a Netgear RP614 router and a Netgear FS605 switch. Can someone tell
>me what I need and what to do to "network" the two computers?
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

Bob, meet Tracker.

Tracker, this is Bob.

Enjoy.

"beginner" <beginner@aol.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> Can someone help me out? I would like to share/tranfer files from a
> desktop to a laptop. Both computers are running Windows XP.
>
> I have a Netgear RP614 router and a Netgear FS605 switch. Can someone
> tell me what I need and what to do to "network" the two computers?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

I would drop teh Netgear Router myself. Seems they installa backdoor into
their routers that cannot be closed and is very easily accessible.

On 2004-06-11 14:21, IS Manager wrote:
-snip-
> I would drop teh Netgear Router myself. Seems they installa backdoor into
> their routers that cannot be closed and is very easily accessible.

Kind of a broad statement IMO.

I couldn't google up anything relating to RP614 or FS605 having a
backdoor, where did you see that?

There is one in the WG602 (WLAN access point), unless it got fixed lately.

/Rolf

Rolf Blom <allspam@round.bin> wrote in news:Lujyc.10$Q%1.14141
@uab.ericsson.se:

> On 2004-06-11 14:21, IS Manager wrote:
> -snip-
>> I would drop teh Netgear Router myself. Seems they installa backdoor
into
>> their routers that cannot be closed and is very easily accessible.
>
> Kind of a broad statement IMO.
>
> I couldn't google up anything relating to RP614 or FS605 having a
> backdoor, where did you see that?
>
> There is one in the WG602 (WLAN access point), unless it got fixed
lately.

> /Rolf

I had the article somewhere from another NG. Actually it was about a week
ago I read it. Don't remember the specific model numbers it pertained to
though. I use Cisco myself and haven't had to deal with Netgear since I was
contrating in Alaska.

TRENDING THREADS