Vantec?

G

Has anyone have first hand knowledge of the Vantec AeroFlow VP4-7040? How is the temp performance?

"We learn the rope of life by untying its knots"

Running a AMD XP 2700+ with the Vantec Aeroflow Temps 43c under load. With the P4 model temps should be much cooler.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
on an Athlon 2200+ (@1.9Ghz) it kept mine at ~34*C idle, ~41*C load, and at 7V its pretty quiet, at 12V its not bad... take into consideration the price and its definitely worth it

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

I'm surprisingly pleased with my Aeroflow, is so much quieter than my Swiftech MCX462 was, and close enough in performance to really be an excellent replacement, what are your opinions, and what Thermal Compound are you using?

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
i was usin' AS2, and did usually keep it at 7V caus i hate noise... i mean i sleep close to my comp, so having the millions of fans runnin at full speed was pissin me off... maybe thats why i still kind of resent the aeroflow lol, but since i switch to watercooling i got no complaints about noise (except on my GPU's HSF lol).. even my PSU is quiet enough (enermax 350w).. but i can't believe that with a regular speed fan on an MCX462 you got the same performance... i had planned on getting that one with a low speed panaflo..

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Aeroflow is a great cooler, for it's price, but it can't seem to handle extreme high vcores, compare to the Swiftech MCX series or Thermalright SLK series. Then again Aeroflow is less than half the price.

-Intel PIV 2.4C @ 3.84G -Asus P4P800 -OCZ Gold 2x256 3700EL memory @ 256mhz 2.5-3-3-7 -Sapphire 9800pro @ 490/780 -SB audigy -80G Maxtor Diamond Plus9 Ultra ATA-133 hdd -450 Enermax PSU

G

Well, price is not that important to me. The way I look at it is if I need something that is worth the price I will get it.

"We learn the rope of life by untying its knots"