Please Help! Unexpected Lag In Games!

thetechdweller

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hi, I recently got parts and built a gaming rig for christmas. Specs are here:

CPU: AMD FX 8150 8 core 3.7Ghz (overclocked by 100Mhz)
GPU: MSI HD Radeon 7770 Ghz Edition 1GB DDR5
RAM: 2x 4GB corsair DDR3
PSU: Powercool 550w 80 plus broze
Mobo: ASUS M5A78L LE
HDD: 500GB Western Digital

I got far cry 3, hitman absolution, and sleeping dogs free with my graphics card. Hitman runs fine on medium settings. But both sleeping dogs and far cry 3 have this weird problem; It runs fine on ultra 720p around 40 fps, but every so often it drops to about 15 fps for a few seconds. Also assassins creed III has a similar problem. It lags in places but is fine in others even though there is alot loading.

I am currently running windows 8 but am switching over soon as I don't like it. (to windows 7) That could be the problem. I can run skyrim on ultra full anti aliasing and anisotrophic filtering 1080p at 60fps constant. WHICH CONFUSES ME FURTHER!
Please if you know the case of all this mess comment down below or email me nathan82828@gmail.com.

ps. I have messed with the settings on all the laggy games but they still do the frame drop every so often (around half a minute) although not as much on lower settings.

shutten

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution and Assasins Creed 3 is bad optimized games, so you should expect lag in these games, people with high-end computers also get lags on these games, i should recommend that you upgrade the graphics card and you should get a better framerate.

thetechdweller

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
That is good to know, I thought I made a horrible choice in CPU. Hopefully they release a patch. I am going to save up for I7 cause the 8150 isn't that great for gaming. Thanks for info!