Sign in with
Your question

One game will run on my p.c but the other two won,t?

Last response: in Video Games
December 28, 2012 1:32:33 PM

Hello,
i just bought a gaming computer for my son for christmas it has a quad core processor, 8gb ram and a sapphire hd7770 graphics card installed, all updates up to date, it runs the new need for speed perfect on high settings but it wont play black ops 2 or the new hitman. with black ops the computer freezes as soon as i click on the icon to play the game and with hitman it loads up the start screen and then when try to start playing it freezes and comes up with appcrash. Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me please

More about : game run

December 28, 2012 8:55:09 PM

Are they legit copies of the games or did you pirate them?
m
l
December 28, 2012 8:57:13 PM

Hi :) 

Assuming you use STEAM , check the file integrity.. of those two games...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2013 9:03:42 AM

Thank you both for the replies, firstly both games were bought from a gaming shop, took pc to local repair shop, found that hard drive had bad sections on it so got rid of the one drive and just used the other drive. Got home reinstalled both games and steam. Hitman works fine now but black ops doesnt. When steam tries to install directx for black ops my pc just freezes and restarts itself. Then windows 7 says recovered from bsod and i get bccode 124. Have done a bit of research and a lot of people saying to update my bios, could anyone shed some light on this for me please.
Many thanks Darren
m
l
January 4, 2013 9:17:11 AM

I am not sure about this specific error but try the usual checks ie:
Run Memtest
Check load temps on both CPU and GPU the free program OCCT can do both and stresses the components to check stability.
If still no clue try reinstalling windows.
m
l
!