Blocking Yahoo Instant Messenger...

I've got a Sonicwall Pro 300 & am trying to block access to Yahoo's INstant
Messenger. I've blocked port 5050, as well as several domains, like
scs.yahoo.com, scs.msg.yahoo.com & counless others that I've found in
different forums out there, but nothing is seeming to stop it.
Why?!?!?
1 answer Last reply
More about blocking yahoo instant messenger

    In article <Wq3vc.31497$mQ4.10479@fe2.texas.rr.com>, mikey117
    @hotmail.com says...
    > I've got a Sonicwall Pro 300 & am trying to block access to Yahoo's INstant
    > Messenger. I've blocked port 5050, as well as several domains, like
    > scs.yahoo.com, scs.msg.yahoo.com & counless others that I've found in
    > different forums out there, but nothing is seeming to stop it.
    > Why?!?!?

    You have to block all of the IP for the IM servers - blocking the ports
    means nothing, they can use any port.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Firewalls Security Messenger Yahoo Networking