Blocking Yahoo Instant Messenger...

Last response: in Networking
Share
June 1, 2004 9:56:06 PM

I've got a Sonicwall Pro 300 & am trying to block access to Yahoo's INstant
Messenger. I've blocked port 5050, as well as several domains, like
scs.yahoo.com, scs.msg.yahoo.com & counless others that I've found in
different forums out there, but nothing is seeming to stop it.
Why?!?!?

More about : blocking yahoo instant messenger

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 1, 2004 10:23:51 PM

In article <Wq3vc.31497$mQ4.10479@fe2.texas.rr.com>, mikey117
@hotmail.com says...
> I've got a Sonicwall Pro 300 & am trying to block access to Yahoo's INstant
> Messenger. I've blocked port 5050, as well as several domains, like
> scs.yahoo.com, scs.msg.yahoo.com & counless others that I've found in
> different forums out there, but nothing is seeming to stop it.
> Why?!?!?

You have to block all of the IP for the IM servers - blocking the ports
means nothing, they can use any port.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)
!