Sign in with
Your question

Can I run Star wars: knights of the old republic 2?

Last response: in Video Games
December 28, 2012 8:52:20 PM

The only thing that im sketchy on with my computer running this game is my graphics card. I have an intel HD Graphics card.
This is what steam has as the minimum requirements for the game:32MB with Hardware T&L.
Can my graphics card run the game?

My pc specs:
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz
RAM:3.0 GB
Video Card:Intel(R) HD Graphics
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 8:56:12 PM

specs ?
m
l
December 28, 2012 9:08:52 PM

Be carefull. I met the required specs and it never would get beyond choosing a character. When I did a google on the problem I found I wasn't the only one who suffered this. It ISN'T a common problem mind you, but it does happen.
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 10:38:28 PM

So, I meet the requirements to run the game?
m
l
December 29, 2012 7:37:45 AM

Intel integrated graphics may meet the T&L, and or any shader, requirements via their special driver.
- Certain shading may be done in software by the driver, but it still works.
- T&L = Transform and Lighting, most of todays GPUs meet this. Even integrated ones.
- Some of the older integrated graphics may support T&L via the driver (so that Direct3D T&L only titles will run) but then offload some of the work to the processor. These applications will run far more slowly than desirable on such hardware.

An AGP GeForce 2 MX400 series card will most likely meet the requirement: 32MB with Hardware T&L

As such I would be very surprised if your computer cannot run Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Steam)

Some of the older Intel IGP (non HD) will not meet this requirement.

Some of the links under 'Get Computer Diagnostics' (such as GPU-Z) may assist you to get additional information with this small app I've coded up:
- http://scottdbowen.id.au/Cs/SDB-QWLA.zip (26 KB, ZIP).
m
l
!