Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Arma II Combined Operations: GreenManGaming -> Steam?

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2012 12:15:37 AM

I just bought Arma II Combined Operations off GreenManGaming.com so I could play DayZ as it was $12. It sent me they keys and is making me use this "Capsule" program. The keys won't activate with Steam for some reason. I bought Borderlands 2 off GMG and the key worked for Steam.

I don't really want to use this "capsule" thing as I like to keep everything in Steam, and the download speed is terrible. With Steam I get at least 3.0MBps, and with Capsule I am only getting around 1.0MBps.

Does anyone know how to transfer it over?

Thanks,
December 29, 2012 1:37:27 AM

I dont think that all GMG keys are steam - they do say what kind of DRM is present before you buy. From what I hear capsule isnt too bad, but its a hassle not having everything on the one login.
m
l

Best solution

December 29, 2012 9:24:32 AM

Some GMG games require their Capsule client, and Steam won't recognize them as retail copies. However, once the game is downloaded, you can just place a shortcut in your Steam library. They will install to the directory C:\Program Files\CapsuleGames. This will allow you to launch the game through Steam without needing to launch the Capsule Client (though I do believe the game needs to be authenticated through Capsule every three days or so).
Related resources
December 29, 2012 3:55:17 PM

Basskay said:
Some GMG games require their Capsule client, and Steam won't recognize them as retail copies. However, once the game is downloaded, you can just place a shortcut in your Steam library. They will install to the directory C:\Program Files\CapsuleGames. This will allow you to launch the game through Steam without needing to launch the Capsule Client (though I do believe the game needs to be authenticated through Capsule every three days or so).

Yeah, mine's installed on D: since I have an SSD. I'll probably just do that then. Thanks,
m
l
December 29, 2012 3:55:27 PM

Best answer selected by Voiidwulf.
m
l
!