Solved

Installing Issues with Batman: Arkham City

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
December 29, 2012 2:23:30 AM

Hello everyone sorry to be a bother but I'm having issues with installing batman arkham city. I recently bought a decent gaming laptop and decided to buy arkham city to play it and see how it runs. For some reason the game won't finish installing. After about 10min it hits to about the 2/3 mark and after waiting an hour and a half makes no progress. I know my laptop can handle the game (windows 7 home 64bit, intel core i5 3210m @ 2.5 Ghz, nivida geforce 650m with 2 gb of memory, 6gb of ram, and 640gb hd at 5400rpm) so I'm not sure what's the problem. I heard there are issues with dx 11 but that's with actually playing the game as I haven't found anyone having my problem. Thanks for the help.

More about : installing issues batman arkham city

December 29, 2012 6:46:39 AM

Have you only tried running the installation once? If so, try running it again. As of now, I don't know what else could be causing the problem.
m
l
December 29, 2012 8:39:07 AM

Close any other programs you are running and try again..
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2012 1:09:08 PM

The Stealthinator said:
Have you only tried running the installation once? If so, try running it again. As of now, I don't know what else could be causing the problem.

Yeah it was like this the first time I installed it. Thanks for the reply and ill try again.
m
l
December 29, 2012 1:10:05 PM

nix327 said:
Close any other programs you are running and try again..

Ok thanks of the help and ill try that.
m
l
December 29, 2012 3:46:36 PM

I called WB games and after looking at my DXdiag they think its because of my graphics. I have the nivida geforce gt 650m and from what I have heard it has something called Optimus where it would switch to the intel integrated graphics when the nividia isn't needed. Is that why it's not installing? If so how do turn off the Optimus and just run on the nvidia? Thanks.
m
l
December 30, 2012 7:32:45 PM

Ok guys I was able to fix it. All I had to do was open the cd and run the game installer from there instead of the auto run. Thanks for the help.
m
l

Best solution

December 30, 2012 7:57:49 PM

RZ94 said:
Ok guys I was able to fix it. All I had to do was open the cd and run the game installer from there instead of the auto run. Thanks for the help.

glad to have helped...or not :D  ..anyway i have'nt played the game..but i think its really good..have fun
December 30, 2012 7:59:50 PM

Best answer selected by RZ94.
m
l
December 30, 2012 8:00:44 PM

nix327 said:
glad to have helped...or not :D  ..anyway i have'nt played the game..but i think its really good..have fun

Thanks.
m
l
September 10, 2013 12:24:10 PM

RZ94 said:

Hey im having the same problem, please could you explain what file exactly you used to install it from the cd? D: thanks
m
l