Sign in with
Your question

Ceramique

Last response: in Overclocking
September 22, 2003 12:13:47 AM

I am buying a Vantec Aeroflow, it says it comes with thermal paste, but doesnt say what kind. Is Artic Silver Ceramique, or Artic Silver 3 worth buying or will there even b a noticable difference. Which of the two is better? I dont think i will b overclocking, xp2200+. Any help would be much appreciated

More about : ceramique

September 22, 2003 8:05:18 PM

you will get a small plastic bag of silicon thermal compound. that stuff sucks. if your going to over clock you should get as (silver not ceramic) if not just use what comes with it.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
September 22, 2003 10:55:21 PM

have you heard bad stuff about ceramique? everything i've read says they're even. what do you know that i don't?? haha

----------------------------------------------
this signature area is too dern short, no space to put your system specs
Related resources
September 23, 2003 12:09:34 AM

Good thing about ceramique is that is't not conductive.

-Intel PIV 2.4C @ 3.84G -Asus P4P800 -OCZ Copper 2x256 4000EL memory @ 275mhz 3-4-4-8 -Sapphire 9800pro @ 490/780 -SB audigy -80G Maxtor Diamond Plus9 Ultra ATA-133 hdd -450 Enermax PSU
September 23, 2003 11:17:11 PM

From what I've read Ceramique is as good if not better than ASIII
a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2003 12:44:02 AM

Quote:
you will get a small plastic bag of silicon thermal compound. that stuff sucks.

I used to have respect for you, but now know you're either an idiot (as so many other "enthusiast" that believe whatever they're told by a company) or a liar. I've tested silicon (Radio Shack) against ASII and gotten only a very small difference. I even wrote a review on it for this forum a while back.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 24, 2003 1:04:56 AM

i said nothing of performance difference. i was talking about how long the stuff actually stays between the die and cpu. that silicon stuff is runny as hell and separates quickly. "I used to have respect for you, but now know you're either an idiot" -blow me

a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2003 3:50:35 AM

Never had that problem either, I've seen 10 year old silicon paste caked on a 486 and only dried out around the edges.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 24, 2003 5:36:22 AM

on a 486 chip it would have had to be pretty thick compared to a chips needs now, and considerably less heat.

a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2003 6:17:30 AM

My silicon has always been thick enough to maintain consistancy. But I don't use it any more. I've found that lithium based axle grease is nearly perfect and only cost around $3 a 16-oz tub. High melting point, takes nearly forever to evaporate, fills even tiny grooves very well, is made to conduct heat...

!