MSI neo-2's.... *DELETED*

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LMAO! Of course the boards are fine, but a 2.4C and PC3500? For overclocking? You'll certainly need to set your memory below sychronous to push that CPU on PC3500.

Oh, PC3500 would work fine with the memory at 200MHz and the CPU at 250MHz, this gives you a good overclock.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Craig_Johnson

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2003
I was a little dissapointed with the last one I put together on that MSI board. It was a P4 2.6 800mhz and I was using PC3200 memory. I thought I could actually get an 800mhz bus speed out of it but everytime I made any change other than the boot order in the bios the system wouldn't come up. I even loaded the bios update, same problem. Says it's running at 200mhz... Not real impressive.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
LMAO dood you gor screwed by marketing.

In simple terms the p4 with advertised 800mhz bus physically runs a 200mhz bus, it is called an 800mhz bus because it uses quad data rate (just like ddr ram uses double data rate) thus it efectivly quadroples the maximum bandwith of the bus. Intels marketing multiplies this number by four, for the wow factor. Just as ddr ram manufacturers and other companies like AMD and Apple inflate their bus speeds.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy