Voltages

MetaPhaze

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2003
Hi, this is like my first question on the forums so I hope you guys will be kind !

CPU
My question is first about o/c'ing my CPU. I have a 3.0c and currently running at 3.66 244Mhz FSB. I can get the machine to boot all the way up to 3.89Ghz but it will not run stable. I have my vcore set at 1.7. Any time I go higher then 244 the system will not run stable. Could this possibly be because of my vcore. Should I set the vcore higher and give it a chance or is the risk so inharent that I could destroy my CPU and/or motherboard. I need the system to hopefully last for about 3 years.

VideoCard
Next Question here I have a ATI Radeon 9800Pro All-In-Wonder. I can not get the GPU to overclock higher then around 398Mhz. I could achieve that with stock air cooling but recently put a waterblock on it to see if I could raise it but to no luck I would get artifacts. I was wondering if my GPU has hit its limit or would it be worth a shot to raise the voltage of it aswell? Its currently at 1.5. I was told that a possiblity exsist that since I use the AIW I need to give it more power since it has so many other addons to the card to reach a higher clock speed. Again is the risk so inharent its not worth trying?

Specs are as follows

P4C800 Deluxe (NON E)
P4 3.0c
2x512 PC3200 Kingston RAM (Non Hyper-X)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-In-Wonder
2x120GB Seagate SATA Drives in RAID 0
1x100GB Western Digital ATA
Pioneer DVR-105
Windows XP

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I wouldn't go above 1.70v.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>