BattleField 3 crashing in game.

Hi,
I was playing battlefield 3 for about 10-15 minutes then it crashes. Complete black screen, however my PC remains to stay on, but have to hard reset. This happens with other games as well, but I also get another type of crash, the screen has horizontal lines going across it, usually the colour of what is most in the background.

I have,
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series graphics card,
Windows 7 64 bit,
5.00 GB of ram.

This is really annoying so many thanks if you can help me.
Lozza
8 answers Last reply
More about battlefield crashing game
  1. My specs, sorry last ones were rubbish

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
    • RAM: 5GB
    • Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
    • Graphics card memory: 3284MB
  2. temps please and PSU make and model.
  3. 5 gig of ram? so your mixing and matching ram speeds? likely this is a cause of some instability...
    are you overclocking as well...
    please give more info as what you have listed is pretty vague.
    cpu: what make and model and speed
    ram: make model timings?
    gfx card which part of the series is it. 6770? 6750 what?
    screen size and any other relevant info like any tweaking or over-clocking ...
  4. If your getting black screen or coloured lines that usually has something to do with heat or a dying gpu. i had a graphics card that also stopped 10 mins into game but it was more obvious artifacting. please specify exact graphics model and age of the card. also download gpu-z and core temp and try to record some temps.
  5. jakewat97 said:
    If your getting black screen or coloured lines that usually has something to do with heat or a dying gpu. i had a graphics card that also stopped 10 mins into game but it was more obvious artifacting. please specify exact graphics model and age of the card. also
    download gpu-z and core temp and try to record some temps.

I just got this new gpu and i recorded the temps with msi afterburner and it stayed in the high 50s for all of it. In fact yesterday I was playing for a few hours without crashing then the next time i played i crashed in the first 10 minutes...
    Thanks for replying.
    Lozza
  6. HEXiT said:
    5 gig of ram? so your mixing and matching ram speeds? likely this is a cause of some instability...
    are you overclocking as well...
    please give more info as what you have listed is pretty vague.
    cpu: what make and model and speed
    ram: make model timings?
    gfx card which part of the series is it. 6770? 6750 what?
    screen size and any other relevant info like any tweaking or over-clocking ...

how do i found out more on the cpu, ram and gfx card?
    Lozza
  7. actually i got my gpu off DABS secondhand.. so im unsur of the age,but it looks quite new/clean. :o
    Lozza
  8. Problem has been resolved.. My PSU was facing the wrong way so blowing hot air into the pc not out.. causing the crashing!
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Games Video Games