Service code 00000

Last response: in Network Providers
May 23, 2005 2:02:55 PM

I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
stuff can you do with it?

More about : service code 00000

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 6:17:31 PM

> What is this for, and is there any cool stuff can you do with it?

I use it to lock out analog calls ("CDMA Only").
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 8:24:13 PM

How do you get the GPS info?? I turned on the GPSone test screen abd
nothing happens.
May 23, 2005 9:12:33 PM

"DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote in message
>I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
> it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
> then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
> don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
> stuff can you do with it?

Yes, you can enter a certain code which the VerizonWireless techs use when
testing the phone so minutes aren't charged to the account.

I find it quite handy. I entered it on my phone which is under the $29 per
month for150 any time minutes plan but I average 1500-2000 prime time
minutes that I don't have pay for.

Doc
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:47:13 AM

On 23 May 2005 10:02:55 -0700, "DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote:
>I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
>it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
>then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
>don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
>stuff can you do with it?

I bet you can turn your phone into a paperweight!

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."

DJ Craig wrote:
> I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
> it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
> then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
> don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
> stuff can you do with it?

Another use for these settings is surfing the web without using a data
plan. Over on Howardforums.com they explain how to do it. Basically you
change the proxy address to a non-Verizon proxy and direct the url to
something like wap.google.com or make your own home page at tagtag.com.
The $5 per month Verizon charges is only for access to their wap site.
Making these changes I only pay for minutes of use.

Howardforms.com has all the codes for accessing the service codes. It
appears all LG phones have the same code as outlined above.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:28:26 AM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:47:13 GMT, Bob Scheurle
<njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote:

>On 23 May 2005 10:02:55 -0700, "DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote:
>>I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
>>it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
>>then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
>>don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
>>stuff can you do with it?
>
>I bet you can turn your phone into a paperweight!

Hee hee! Great reply and true too.

My 2ยข is that I can read my GPS location by turning on the GPSone test
screen.

- Sandy
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 10:32:13 AM

> Yes, you can enter a certain code which the VerizonWireless techs use
when
> testing the phone so minutes aren't charged to the account.

How do you do that?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 8:51:31 PM

I found that if you go into the service menu and then press star, it
goes into a MMS code screen. I cannot figure out what the code is, but
is might be usefull.
!