Service code 00000

I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
stuff can you do with it?
8 answers Last reply
More about service code 00000

    > What is this for, and is there any cool stuff can you do with it?

    I use it to lock out analog calls ("CDMA Only").

    How do you get the GPS info?? I turned on the GPSone test screen abd
    nothing happens.

    "DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
    > it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
    > then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
    > don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
    > stuff can you do with it?

    Yes, you can enter a certain code which the VerizonWireless techs use when
    testing the phone so minutes aren't charged to the account.

    I find it quite handy. I entered it on my phone which is under the $29 per
    month for150 any time minutes plan but I average 1500-2000 prime time
    minutes that I don't have pay for.

    Doc

    On 23 May 2005 10:02:55 -0700, "DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote:
    >I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
    >it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
    >then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
    >don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
    >stuff can you do with it?

    I bet you can turn your phone into a paperweight!

    --
    Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
    njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."

    DJ Craig wrote:
    > I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
    > it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
    > then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
    > don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
    > stuff can you do with it?

    Another use for these settings is surfing the web without using a data
    plan. Over on Howardforums.com they explain how to do it. Basically you
    change the proxy address to a non-Verizon proxy and direct the url to
    something like wap.google.com or make your own home page at tagtag.com.
    The $5 per month Verizon charges is only for access to their wap site.
    Making these changes I only pay for minutes of use.

    Howardforms.com has all the codes for accessing the service codes. It
    appears all LG phones have the same code as outlined above.

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:47:13 GMT, Bob Scheurle
    <njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote:

    >On 23 May 2005 10:02:55 -0700, "DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote:
    >>I have a Verizon LG VX6100. I found that if you hit menu and then 0,
    >>it asks you to enter the service code, which I figured out is 00000. It
    >>then gave me a menu of settings and hidden controls and other stuff. I
    >>don't know what most of it is. What is this for, and is there any cool
    >>stuff can you do with it?
    >
    >I bet you can turn your phone into a paperweight!

    Hee hee! Great reply and true too.

    My 2¢ is that I can read my GPS location by turning on the GPSone test
    screen.

    - Sandy

    > Yes, you can enter a certain code which the VerizonWireless techs use
    when
    > testing the phone so minutes aren't charged to the account.

    How do you do that?

    I found that if you go into the service menu and then press star, it
    goes into a MMS code screen. I cannot figure out what the code is, but
    is might be usefull.

Verizon LG Internet Service Providers