Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I give up I can't play a console port(BOII) on a Core i3 + HD 7750?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 30, 2012 5:43:11 PM

Why can I not get 60fps in single player with this setup? It makes no sense. This is a console port and I'm getting stutter on an i3, with a GPU 6x more powerful than consoles. I think I just give up on trying to play it until I get a Core i7 + GTX 680.

The GPU usage is 60%.

The CPU usage is below 64%.

Yet, the game still stutters a little bit.

I think from now on I'll buy console games on consoles haha.
December 30, 2012 6:06:36 PM

Brett928S2 said:
specs ?

GPU: HD 7750
CPU: Core i3 2120 @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
OS: Windows 7

I mean I can get the game running at mostly 60fps in most missions. But in the later missions, particularly the one with the female president, the game is dropping into the 50's no matter what settings I use.

While this is happening less than 70% of both the GPU and CPU are being utilized.

The recommendations for this are a Core 2 Duo @ 3.1ghz and GTS 450. But the recommendations are obviously not right.
m
0
l
December 30, 2012 9:39:08 PM

I don't see much problem with a 10 fps fluctuation when your hitting 60's
m
0
l
December 30, 2012 9:41:45 PM

Hi :) 

Your card is low range so your fps is actually good, if you want better, spend a LOT more money on a mid or high range card...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
December 30, 2012 10:16:17 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Your card is low range so your fps is actually good, if you want better, spend a LOT more money on a mid or high range card...

All the best Brett :) 

But not good enough to play BOII on lowest settings? The problem is that it's a console port.

The game doesn't look good enough on low to justify needing a mid-range card to get 60fps. Something's wrong with the game.

I could understand getting this kind of fps on max settings, but low? That's just not right.

What's weird is most of the time, if I turn my graphics settings down I can get a constant 60fps.

But in the level with the female president, I can't seem to get a stable 60fps even on the lowest settings.

Like I said, it's not even fully utilizing my gpu or cpu.

With most other games, like Arkham City I can get a stable 60fps even at very high settings. But on BOII, I can't on lowest.
m
0
l
January 1, 2013 7:59:59 PM

mike2012 said:
But not good enough to play BOII on lowest settings? The problem is that it's a console port.

The game doesn't look good enough on low to justify needing a mid-range card to get 60fps. Something's wrong with the game.

I could understand getting this kind of fps on max settings, but low? That's just not right.

What's weird is most of the time, if I turn my graphics settings down I can get a constant 60fps.

But in the level with the female president, I can't seem to get a stable 60fps even on the lowest settings.

Like I said, it's not even fully utilizing my gpu or cpu.

With most other games, like Arkham City I can get a stable 60fps even at very high settings. But on BOII, I can't on lowest.


The 7750 isn't that powerful. As the others have said, a 10FPS drop isn't that bad.
m
0
l
January 1, 2013 9:58:57 PM

Set CPU usage to high, for the process T6""

It helps A LOT
until you get a better rig ofcourse :) 
m
0
l
January 1, 2013 10:22:12 PM

voiidwulf said:
The 7750 isn't that powerful. As the others have said, a 10FPS drop isn't that bad.

Yes I know, but being able to play Crysis on high at 30-50fps, BF3 on ultra at 30fps, Mafia II on medium at 60fps, Arkham City on high at 60fps but can't get a stable 60fps on Black Ops II on low?

It's not just that it drops to 50fps either. It's that it drops to 50fps AND it stutters. Totally ruins the smoothness for me. Perhaps the level in question just isn't optimized? Because I don't get these same drops on other levels.

Infact, the recommended settings are a GTS450, which is about the same as an HD 7750 in power.

Point is, why do you need a super high end GPU to play a game that looks like a console game? Like I said, it can manage Crysis on high at 30-60fps, but not Black Ops II on low at 60fps?
m
0
l
!