Clean Install or Upgrade?

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
So i just checked the egg and it says that my copy of windows 7 has now been shipped. chances are it may even be waitin at the post office down the street just for tomorrow. So I was wondering what to do w/ my edition once it gets here. From info I have gathered, once you put the DVD into your drive, windows 7 will ask you to do one of 2 things, do a custom (clean) install, or do an upgrade from my current windows vista. I don't have any like life memories that I would want to preserve on here. As far as apps go it's like Office 2003, FSX, and thts it. And then there's the drivers issue. Idk if i want to lose all of those on a clean install and then have to go and hunt them down. so idk. basically tell me what are you going to do w/ your copy and why. thank yoU!

Solution
Clean install is better and quickerto do with Windows 7 - drivers shouldnt be an issue as Windows 7 is designed to run much better with its own drivers while you find the corretc ones.
Agreed. Clean install is the best way to go, especially if there isn't a lot of data you want to move over. Drivers shouldn't be an issue either. Upon installing 7 on my desktop (specs found in my Member Configuration link), all devices had drivers installed. I just had to grab the manufacturer provided drivers for a couple devices for advanced functionality and proper performance (Sound and Video).

TRENDING THREADS