Compaq Presario 5140 (1998) Bios Setup

Andreas

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Hello,
I would like to ask, how can I have access to bios setup of my pc in
order to set a password? I tried already various combinations of keys
(Del, F12) but nothing happened (the bios setup did not appeared.
I'm doing something wrong?

thnx in advance!!!

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

andreas a écrit:
> Hello,
> I would like to ask, how can I have access to bios setup of my pc in
> order to set a password? I tried already various combinations of keys
> (Del, F12) but nothing happened (the bios setup did not appeared.
> I'm doing something wrong?
>
> thnx in advance!!!

If the hidden setup partition has not been tampered with, press F10 when
a white square flashes at top right of the screen. Else boot on a setup
floppy.