RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Just thought I'd make a topic that actually fits within the guidelines of this branch of the forum by sharing a recent experience with ZEROTherm's tech support line.

I own a ZEROTherm ZEN FZ-120 CPU Cooler. Last week, the fan started failing. It was making noise and the rpm's would jump about a bit - the bearing was going bad. I bought it last summer and it's still under warranty, so I called ZEROTherm USA.

Someone named Chris picked it up immediately. The conversation went something like this:

Him: "When and where was it purchased?"
Me: "Last June from Newegg."
Him: "OK. I'll send you 2 fans - an extra just in case."
Me: "Really? Just like that?"
Him: "Yes Sir. I'll include 2-pairs of retaining clips and a new tube of thermal grease."
Me: "Really?! Thanks! What do you need from me? Is all this going to come to me blindly and for free without even seeing the proof of purchase?"
(this part floored me)
Him: "I don't need proof of purchase. And no, I'm afraid it's not free. Shipping and Handling via USPS Priority is $5."
Me: "$5 for all that? It'd cost me $30 at Newegg..."
Him, direct and to the point: "What's the shipping address?"
(gave it to him)
Him: "And I'll need a CC number to charge the $5 fee to."
(gave it to him)
Him "OK Sir. It will depart today (yesterday) and I expect it should arrive on Monday, as USPS Priority usually takes 2-3 business days. Your CC statement should reflect a $5 charge directly from USPS. Is there anything else I can do for you?"
Me: "Only if you're giving away more stuff for free...?"
Him: "*laugh*"
Me: "Joking aside, you've more than exceeded my expectations. This is probably THE most pleasant customer service experience I've had. Thank you. Thank you very much."

And yes, it was one of the most pleasant product service experiences I've ever had. It was quick, hassle-free, and handled professionally. Not only that, but the postman delivered it on Saturday! Take that UPS and Fed-Ex!!!

ZEROTherm support is top-notch in my book.

TRENDING THREADS