Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ANN> Cell Phone NETWORK DETECTOR 1.2

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:11:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

JUST RELEASED:

MAPxMAP.com is pleased to announce the latest version of their unique
Mobile Network Detector (MoNeD ver. 1.2).

Greatly improved and even easier to use! Works anywhere in the world -
not tested in outer space yet.

MoNeD 1.2 accurately measures the REAL signal strength of your current
cell phone service provider

AND

gives you a COMPLETE list of ALL cellular networks detectable
at ANY LOCATION (at home, office, while traveling all over the world).

Beat the pros at their own game! Save hundreds or even thousands by
choosing the best performing mobile phone service provider - eliminate
dead spots, poor quality voice links, and corrupted data transfers.

When you can not make a cell phone call, you are wasting your
hard-earned money twice: by not receiving the service you have paid for
and, if the call is important, by what you may stand to lose in
business or personal affairs!

Users of the previous versions are enthusiastic about the improvements
in MoNeD 1.2. Just try it!

www.MAPxMAP.com

We accept most major currencies and credit cards, including PayPal
payments. SAFE and SECURE online payments - 100% protection.

Questions? Suggestions? Please visit the Help section for answers and
contact information.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 9:43:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I need something like that and took a good look at mapxmap. Before
forking over the money, checked around for free stuff that does the
same like theirs.
Mark H. got a lot of stuff out of his pumpkin, but nothing useful yet:
like WHERE EXACTLY can one find the "plenty of free ones around" that
show the names of all the cellular networks available where I live -
and I am talking about the useful signal here not the self-promoting
maps supplied by crazy-about-your-money companies - they show you a map
with red and blue but there are literally tens of thousands of spots
within those areas where the phones do not work because of thousands of
reasons - forests, hills, towers, buildings, bridges, too many idiots,
and so on.

So, Mark, where is the free stuff you are talking about? Or you are
just a hot air balloon?

Not to mention your other statements, like the one about reading the
level of signal in dB (real signal strength) by "simply looking at the
screen of your mobile phone". Show me the stuff, please. (:-)

Thank you.

SAVE THE UK TREES!
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:58:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

uksavethetrees@hotmail.com wrote:
> I need something like that and took a good look at
> mapxmap. Before forking over the money, checked around
> for free stuff that does the same like theirs.
> Mark H. got a lot of stuff out of his pumpkin, but
> nothing useful yet: like WHERE EXACTLY can one find the
> "plenty of free ones around" that show the names of all
> the cellular networks available where I live - and I am
> talking about the useful signal here not the
> self-promoting maps supplied by crazy-about-your-money
> companies - they show you a map with red and blue but
> there are literally tens of thousands of spots within
> those areas where the phones do not work because of
> thousands of reasons - forests, hills, towers, buildings,
> bridges, too many idiots, and so on.
>
> So, Mark, where is the free stuff you are talking about?
> Or you are just a hot air balloon?
>
> Not to mention your other statements, like the one about
> reading the level of signal in dB (real signal strength)
> by "simply looking at the screen of your mobile phone".
> Show me the stuff, please. (:-)

Every phone I've had had a test screen that would show
dB, noise level, SIDs, neighbors, etc, etc.

-Quick
Related resources
May 27, 2005 1:51:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi Quick,

I have a Nokia 5180ip and I can not find such a test screen.
How do I do that?
Or maybe it's time to upgrade? (:-)
In that case, what model should I buy that has the features you've
mentioned?
Thanks.

Gorgon
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:04:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Gorgon wrote:
> Hi Quick,
>
> I have a Nokia 5180ip and I can not find such a test
> screen.
> How do I do that?
> Or maybe it's time to upgrade? (:-)
> In that case, what model should I buy that has the
> features you've mentioned?
> Thanks.

My Nokia experience was with a 3290... and it was
short. LGs, Motorolas, and Kyoceras. There has
always been a test screen in the "programming"
area. Usually some hidden menu accessed with
a particular sequence of key/button strokes or
"phone number". I have no idea for that particular
phone.

-Quick
May 28, 2005 1:45:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

uksavethetrees@hotmail.com declared for all the world to hear...
> So, Mark, where is the free stuff you are talking about? Or you are
> just a hot air balloon?

Any handset will show the names of all networks in range. Just perform a
manual network search.

> Not to mention your other statements, like the one about reading the
> level of signal in dB (real signal strength) by "simply looking at the
> screen of your mobile phone". Show me the stuff, please. (:-)

Is it really critical? If the network shows up then there's useable
signal. If it doesn't then there isn't.
--
Regards
Jon
May 28, 2005 8:17:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"Jon" <spam@jonparker.plus.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d019732893a6259989899@usenet.plus.net...
> uksavethetrees@hotmail.com declared for all the world to hear...
> > So, Mark, where is the free stuff you are talking about? Or you are
> > just a hot air balloon?
>
> Any handset will show the names of all networks in range. Just perform a
> manual network search.
>
> > Not to mention your other statements, like the one about reading the
> > level of signal in dB (real signal strength) by "simply looking at the
> > screen of your mobile phone". Show me the stuff, please. (:-)
>
> Is it really critical? If the network shows up then there's useable
> signal. If it doesn't then there isn't.

Incorrect. In spades with GSm, if you are over 35km, you havent got a chance
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 9:56:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,aus.comms.mobile,fr.reseaux.telecoms.mobiles,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Fri, 27 May 2005 09:51:02 -0700, Gorgon wrote:

> I have a Nokia 5180ip and I can not find such a test screen.
> How do I do that?

with nokias it's generally a simple matter of enabling netmonitor. but
you'll need a computer, the right software, and a data cable (or infrared,
if the phone's got it) to do that.

if you happen to have a linux system handy, try gammu:

http://www.gammu.net

or gnokii:

http://www.gnokii.org

will
!