*yodels*

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Come on, surely there must be someone here...?

--
Darren Grey

Darren Grey wrote:

> Come on, surely there must be someone here...?

Naturally! This group will never die.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote in message
> Darren Grey wrote:
>
> > Come on, surely there must be someone here...?
>
> Naturally! This group will never die.

Wowzers, I wasn't actually expecting a reply... Nice to see you again,
Cassie. Up to much?

--
Grey

Darren Grey wrote:

> Wowzers, I wasn't actually expecting a reply... Nice to see you again,
> Cassie. Up to much?

School, work, school, school, work, school, etc....

And you?

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

> Darren Grey wrote:
>
> > Wowzers, I wasn't actually expecting a reply... Nice to see you again,
> > Cassie. Up to much?
>
> School, work, school, school, work, school, etc....
>
> And you?

Work, work, work, work, chocolate, work, work, etc...

A won a pair of tickets to Live8 in London, which is probably about the most
intersting thing that's ever happened in my life... Unfortunately there
aren't really any bands I like playing (I guess it's not really the right
sort of scene for Einaudi...) Haven't been playing much of computer games
lately - I've been about 75% through FFT for around 2 years now. I've
mastered the combat system and the story is far from appealing, so I can
never be bothered to play it for very long... Advent Children looks like
it'll be nice as a graphics fest, but at the same is a completely blatant
attempt to milk FF7 for all the cash it's worth (especially the games to
follow - "Dirge of Cerberus"!?!) On the plus side it might cause some FF
newbies to go play FF7 and realise just how great an RPG can be... Not
interested in XS2 - I'm just going to pretend that they stopped after XG and
the world is a happy place which doesn't have a tainted name against the
series...

Otherwise... ho-hum, I guess.

--
Grey

Darren Grey wrote:

> Work, work, work, work, chocolate, work, work, etc...

Chocolate is part of life and doesn't need specific mention.

> A won a pair of tickets to Live8 in London, which is probably about the most
> intersting thing that's ever happened in my life... Unfortunately there
> aren't really any bands I like playing (I guess it's not really the right
> sort of scene for Einaudi...) Haven't been playing much of computer games
> lately - I've been about 75% through FFT for around 2 years now. I've
> mastered the combat system and the story is far from appealing, so I can
> never be bothered to play it for very long... Advent Children looks like
> it'll be nice as a graphics fest, but at the same is a completely blatant
> attempt to milk FF7 for all the cash it's worth (especially the games to
> follow - "Dirge of Cerberus"!?!) On the plus side it might cause some FF
> newbies to go play FF7 and realise just how great an RPG can be... Not
> interested in XS2 - I'm just going to pretend that they stopped after XG and
> the world is a happy place which doesn't have a tainted name against the
> series...
>
> Otherwise... ho-hum, I guess.

Bring a good friend to the show, then it won't matter if you enjoy the
bands (unless you specifically dislike them).

I never finished the first act of FFT, embarrassingly enough. I rarely
play games since I have so little time. As for FF7, it's being milked as
much as it can by SquareEnix, it seems.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Darren Grey wrote:

> And what's with giving Sephy eyeliner and purple lipstick
> (http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ff7-ac/ss-004.jpg) and making his skin look like
> it's been freshly dug up from a grave? I don't mind some gothic theme to
> games (at the very least it can be amusing to laugh at the pretentious
> characters - eg, Vince in FF7), but making every character wear all black
> and changing Sephy's handsome looks is going a bit too far... And whilst
> Cloud in FF7 had a lot of psychological problems, by the trailer it looks
> like they've just turned his character into "whiny pathetic guy with low
> self-confidence" - he's even worse than Squall... Is this what they believe
> will appeal to the fans? The sad thing is it probably will...

That picture makes him look evil. When I played through FF7 I never got
the impression he was evil so much as seriously disillusioned.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

"Darren Grey" <darrenjohngreyDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Come on, surely there must be someone here...?

Some lurkers, at least.

RelMark

"Darren Grey" wrote:

> Come on, surely there must be someone here...?

Heh. I was sixteen when I started lurking here. If I remember correctly, I
also introduced myself to the group at some point, then made no more posts.
Anyways, I'm 22 now, so it's been some time. I miss those times, I miss the
people.

--
Tolions

> Darren Grey wrote:
>
> > And what's with giving Sephy eyeliner and purple lipstick
> > (http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ff7-ac/ss-004.jpg) and making his skin look
like
> > it's been freshly dug up from a grave? I don't mind some gothic theme
> > games (at the very least it can be amusing to laugh at the pretentious
> > characters - eg, Vince in FF7), but making every character wear all
black
> > and changing Sephy's handsome looks is going a bit too far... And
whilst
> > Cloud in FF7 had a lot of psychological problems, by the trailer it
looks
> > like they've just turned his character into "whiny pathetic guy with low
> > self-confidence" - he's even worse than Squall... Is this what they
believe
> > will appeal to the fans? The sad thing is it probably will...
>
> That picture makes him look evil. When I played through FF7 I never got
> the impression he was evil so much as seriously disillusioned.

I thought that was rather the point of him? He started off as a soldier of
Shinra, sort of realised what he was, rebelled against everything, went
crazy, got chucked into Lifestream, discovered way of becoming one with the
planet... By the end it was hard to tell if it was really him or Jenova...
Now it's just "evil bad guy".

--
Darren Grey

Tolions wrote:

> Heh. I was sixteen when I started lurking here. If I remember correctly, I
> also introduced myself to the group at some point, then made no more posts.
> Anyways, I'm 22 now, so it's been some time. I miss those times, I miss the
> people.

17 (as I recall) and 23 for me.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Darren Grey wrote:

> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
>> That picture makes him [Sephy] look evil. When I played through FF7 I never got
>> the impression he was evil so much as seriously disillusioned.
>
> I thought that was rather the point of him? He started off as a soldier of
> Shinra, sort of realised what he was, rebelled against everything, went
> crazy, got chucked into Lifestream, discovered way of becoming one with the
> planet... By the end it was hard to tell if it was really him or Jenova...
> Now it's just "evil bad guy".

We shall see. I plan to see the movie when it becomes available.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

RelMark wrote:

> Some lurkers, at least.

We should start an interesting thread.

Humans are repetitive creatures....

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote:

> 17 (as I recall) and 23 for me.

We are old. It shocks me everytime when I think about it. Life is steady and
boring now, and I bet I will be having kids in 3 or 5 years if not earlier!
o_O These "is this group alive" and "is there anyone out there" -posts and
familiar names are like some echoes of past for me. *sigh*

As for Final Fantasies, I've been replaying FF7 about three times, FF6 and
FF8 one times each, then got PS2 and FFX. I'm almost at the end but it's
been over a year when I started playing. I'm trying to build a bad-ass team
and kick the Dark Aeons' and Penance's arses. But stat-building so damn slow
and boring. At the beginning of the game I was thinking that FFX will be
another FF7 for me, story seemed to be _very_ good. But after a certain
point, the game got annoying, mainly because of certain over-teenaged
characters and soapy love-story. Too bad. I'm happy that I have the european
version though, because now I have at least some super-bosses to beat.

I'm looking forward to FFAC, but I am afraid that it will ruin the ending
of FF7 for me. For now, I had my own theories about the life after meteor,
but most likely it all will be wiped away with the movie.

--
Tolions

"Tolions" wrote:

> "Darren Grey" wrote:
>
> > Come on, surely there must be someone here...?
>
> Heh. I was sixteen when I started lurking here. If I remember correctly, I
> also introduced myself to the group at some point, then made no more
posts.
> Anyways, I'm 22 now, so it's been some time. I miss those times, I miss
the
> people.

Heh, so you're the silent watcher sitting in the darkness observing all...?
Actually, that's really creepy... Well, hello anyway... I can't remember
what age I was when I first came here - 16 or 17 I think. Seems like so
long ago now... I 'm 22 now too, and yeah, those were happy, innocent
times, with fun people, and a lot of life in the group... Quite sad to see
the ng like this now...

--
Grey

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"Darren Grey" <darrenjohngreyDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, so you're the silent watcher sitting in the darkness observing
> all...?
> Actually, that's really creepy... Well, hello anyway... I can't remember
> what age I was when I first came here - 16 or 17 I think. Seems like so
> long ago now... I 'm 22 now too, and yeah, those were happy, innocent
> times, with fun people, and a lot of life in the group... Quite sad to
> see
> the ng like this now...
>
> --
> Grey

I thought I was sounding creepy! Actually, my lurking nowadays is more like
checking the group every six months. Last time I saw that Sue the Kitchen
girl posting something.

I wonder what everyone is doing today. Tetsuo, Stian, Qhimm, Obsidian,
Kokiri Kid and all. Weird, after some point the ng just wasn't as funny as
before, there were fewer interesting threads, more newbies and spam...and
then finally nothing. Still I'm not sure what killed the group, or did it
just wither away?

--
Tolions

"Cassandra J. Nichols" wrote:
> Darren Grey wrote:
>
> > Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
> >
> >> That picture makes him [Sephy] look evil. When I played through FF7 I
never got
> >> the impression he was evil so much as seriously disillusioned.
> >
> > I thought that was rather the point of him? He started off as a soldier
of
> > Shinra, sort of realised what he was, rebelled against everything, went
> > crazy, got chucked into Lifestream, discovered way of becoming one with
the
> > planet... By the end it was hard to tell if it was really him or
Jenova...
> > Now it's just "evil bad guy".
>
> We shall see. I plan to see the movie when it becomes available.

Yes, we'll see - I plan on seeing it too, of course, but I'll be approaching
it with a very pessimistic viewpoint. With luck I'll be pleasantly
surprised.

--
Grey

"Tolions" <chigusamiangNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm looking forward to FFAC, but I am afraid that it will ruin the ending
> of FF7 for me. For now, I had my own theories about the life after meteor,
> but most likely it all will be wiped away with the movie.

You never know, they could give it another open ending like FF7...

--
Darren Grey

> I thought I was sounding creepy! Actually, my lurking nowadays is more
like
> checking the group every six months. Last time I saw that Sue the Kitchen
> girl posting something.
>
> I wonder what everyone is doing today. Tetsuo, Stian, Qhimm, Obsidian,
> Kokiri Kid and all. Weird, after some point the ng just wasn't as funny as
> before, there were fewer interesting threads, more newbies and spam...and
> then finally nothing. Still I'm not sure what killed the group, or did it
> just wither away?

Just generally withered away, I think. All it takes is a few core people
leaving (for whatever personal reasons) and the group will gradually
decline. I guess nothing lasts forever...

--
Grey

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

"Darren Grey" <darrenjohngreyDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just generally withered away, I think. All it takes is a few core people
> leaving (for whatever personal reasons) and the group will gradually
> decline. I guess nothing lasts forever...

I suppose so. Is the agff still kicking? All I see right now is some George
W Bush spam.

Maybe I will go and search some undying posts of agffr from the dephts of
former Deja and wallow a while in nostalgia...

--
Tolions

> "Darren Grey" <darrenjohngreyDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Just generally withered away, I think. All it takes is a few core
people
> > leaving (for whatever personal reasons) and the group will gradually
> > decline. I guess nothing lasts forever...
> >

> I suppose so. Is the agff still kicking? All I see right now is some
George
> W Bush spam.
>
> Maybe I will go and search some undying posts of agffr from the dephts of
> former Deja and wallow a while in nostalgia...

AGFF is just a centre for an over-zealous troll that cross-posts as much as
possible, and tries to stir up as many arguments as possible... Rather
dull, really. A couple of old names are there (Avenger and Rob Browning, in
particular) but they're not up to much other than a few "intellectual
debates"...

--
Darren Grey

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Once upon a time Darren Grey decided to write:

> Come on, surely there must be someone here...?

Nope.

"Chriz" wrote:
> Once upon a time Darren Grey decided to write:
>
> > Come on, surely there must be someone here...?
>
> Nope.

Oh. Right. Well, never mind then, forget I asked...

--
Grey

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Once upon a time Tolions decided to write:

> "Cassandra J. Nichols" <cassiejn@softhome.net> wrote:
>
>> 17 (as I recall) and 23 for me.
>
> We are old. It shocks me everytime when I think about it. Life is
> steady and boring now, and I bet I will be having kids in 3 or 5
> years if not earlier! o_O These "is this group alive" and "is there
> anyone out there" -posts and familiar names are like some echoes of
> past for me. *sigh*
> As for Final Fantasies, I've been replaying FF7 about three times,
> FF6 and FF8 one times each, then got PS2 and FFX. I'm almost at the
> end but it's been over a year when I started playing. I'm trying to
> build a bad-ass team and kick the Dark Aeons' and Penance's arses.
> But stat-building so damn slow and boring. At the beginning of the
> game I was thinking that FFX will be another FF7 for me, story seemed
> to be _very_ good. But after a certain point, the game got annoying,
> mainly because of certain over-teenaged characters and soapy
> love-story. Too bad. I'm happy that I have the european version
> though, because now I have at least some super-bosses to beat.
> I'm looking forward to FFAC, but I am afraid that it will ruin the
> ending of FF7 for me. For now, I had my own theories about the life
> after meteor, but most likely it all will be wiped away with the
> movie.

I've played FFVIII, FFX and FFVII. I've recently bought FFX-2 and have only
completed a few missions. Don't have too much time to play and when I do
play games, there's another few games I am also playing at the same time, so
it will be slow moving.

--
Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg (More info?)

Once upon a time Darren Grey decided to write:

> "Tolions" wrote:
>>
>> "Darren Grey" wrote:
>>
>>> Come on, surely there must be someone here...?
>>
>> Heh. I was sixteen when I started lurking here. If I remember
>> correctly, I also introduced myself to the group at some point, then
>> made no more posts. Anyways, I'm 22 now, so it's been some time. I
>> miss those times, I miss the people.
>
> Heh, so you're the silent watcher sitting in the darkness observing
> all...? Actually, that's really creepy... Well, hello anyway... I
> can't remember what age I was when I first came here - 16 or 17 I
> think. Seems like so long ago now... I 'm 22 now too, and yeah,
> those were happy, innocent times, with fun people, and a lot of life
> in the group... Quite sad to see the ng like this now...

When I came here in 2002 this NG was pretty much dead already. Never really
was a reg though because I lurked on and off. Used to be known as Ben. I
tend to stick to agff

--
Remove ALL_YOUR_HARDWARE to reply by email.