Game Breaking Lag Spikes!!!

Ok so i bought Call of Duty: Black Ops (the first one) on steam because i like the first one better. Anyways, when i play online i get constant 60 with vsync on and 70-90 with it off with everything on high in multiplayer but when i get close to the enemies i get a terrible lag spike and i get killed and when i watch the kill cam it shows my character frozen. My specs are:

Pentium g860 3ghz sandy bridge dual core
MSI HD 7770 Ghz edition
8gb ddr3 1333mhz ram
windows 7

I know its not anything hardware related because even when i get the lagspike my fps doesn't drop at all, which means it must me connection related. But my ping (for the servers i join at least) is about 30-50 which from my understanding is pretty good. It makes it unplayable. Most of my kills are from a distance because it is just painful when i get close to the enemies. It also made me think maybe the were lag switching or something.... but its a dedicated server and it happens on EVER server...
4 answers Last reply
More about game breaking spikes
  1. Odd..
    What Temperature is your CPU and GPU running at whilst you are in game?
  2. try making the multiplayer exe exempt from scanning by your antivirus. or switch it to gaming mode.
  3. HEXiT said:
    try making the multiplayer exe exempt from scanning by your antivirus. or switch it to gaming mode.

I'm not even running an anti-virus lol.
  4. Rasil23 said:
    Odd..
    What Temperature is your CPU and GPU running at whilst you are in game?

GPU temp is about 60 celcius.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Lag Video Games