Compaq presario 1630

I did the complete FORMAT C:\ and installed WIN98SE
Unfortunately I can nolonger change the resolution of the LCD screen fom
640x480 and 16 colors to the higher values

are there proprietary drivers required ?
TYIA
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq presario 1630

    You will need to locate a display driver for Windows 98 the NeoMagic 2160B
    video controller on your 1630. Here is a link to other Win 98 drivers for
    your model:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=95213&lang=en&cc=us&os=20

    Compaq does not list the display driver on their website. You might try
    drivers.com. It's a;lways a good idea to check for driver availability
    before reformatting a hard drive.
    HH

    "Bram Stolk" <bram2.stolk@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >I did the complete FORMAT C:\ and installed WIN98SE
    > Unfortunately I can nolonger change the resolution of the LCD screen fom
    > 640x480 and 16 colors to the higher values
    >
    > are there proprietary drivers required ?
    > TYIA

Compaq Presario Computers