Compaq presario 1630

I did the complete FORMAT C:\ and installed WIN98SE
Unfortunately I can nolonger change the resolution of the LCD screen fom
640x480 and 16 colors to the higher values

are there proprietary drivers required ?
TYIA

hh

You will need to locate a display driver for Windows 98 the NeoMagic 2160B
video controller on your 1630. Here is a link to other Win 98 drivers for
your model:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=95213&lang=en&cc=us&os=20

Compaq does not list the display driver on their website. You might try
drivers.com. It's a;lways a good idea to check for driver availability
before reformatting a hard drive.
HH