Sign in with
Your question

Good TV for xbox 360 or a gaming PC ?

Last response: in Video Games
January 2, 2013 9:44:22 AM

Hi there. So I have xbox 360 hooked up to a monitor SAMSUNG Syncmaster S23A350H via hdmi. And honestly the picture looks crap. So my question would be should i buy good HDTV (i guess LED TV or Plasma) or should i go with gaming PC? The game I am planning to rock is Skyrim. On my monitor Skyrim looks bad. At the moment i have budget for a 32" LED TV but not for high-end PC.

More about : good xbox 360 gaming

January 2, 2013 10:08:41 AM

What's wrong with the picture?
January 2, 2013 10:49:13 AM

darth pravus said:
What's wrong with the picture?

well the resolution is fine, but colors, light effects, shadows look like I am playing Oblivion on low settings. Sometimes it's fine, in dungeons for example, but outside and in the cities it's not so good. I was watching youtube gameplay videos from guys who are also playing Skyrim on Xbox 360 and the picture is so much better, shining, light effects are good, gameplay seems to be smoother, colors are more vibrant. etc.
Related resources
January 2, 2013 10:58:49 AM

If whatching other guys on the same monitor looks fine then it's maybe a cable. If you want better lighting and effect get a pc. All Xbox 360's run exactly the same "settings" and framerates.
January 2, 2013 2:52:23 PM

darth pravus said:
If whatching other guys on the same monitor looks fine then it's maybe a cable. If you want better lighting and effect get a pc. All Xbox 360's run exactly the same "settings" and framerates.

I am pretty sure they are playing on TV or a better monitor than mine. I tried VGA cable and image is the same, so i think it's because my monitor is crap.
January 2, 2013 4:21:48 PM

But the picture your viewing is viewed through your monitor anyway so you wouldn't see if thier monitor was better.

The only difference a monitor would make is colour. Nothing to do with graphics. Try a mates pc on your monitor or similar. Try messing with monitor settings too
January 3, 2013 10:38:35 AM

darth pravus said:
But the picture your viewing is viewed through your monitor anyway so you wouldn't see if thier monitor was better.

The only difference a monitor would make is colour. Nothing to do with graphics. Try a mates pc on your monitor or similar. Try messing with monitor settings too

Agreed,

Test your monitors settings. Most likely you can use gamma correcton, contrast ratio to get a more realistic coloration.
!