check list before I 'restore' my presario 5838?

Karen

Hi All,

I recently purchased a new computer and want to clean up my old Compaq
Presario 5838 for my daughter. It's become pretty bloated over the
years so I'm going to use the Restore CDs that came with it and take it
back to 'factory original'.

I'm doing things like exporting my Outlook Express address book, saving
Internet Explorer favourites file, and burning my data files to CD.
Does anyone know of a check list of things to 'backup' or prepare
before formatting a hard drive? I'd hate to go ahead only to find out
that all the passwords I have saved in Explorer for different websites
were lost (is that stored in
cookies? should I be saving the cookies somehow? can I transfer them to
my knew computer?).
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers & thanks in advance,
Karen in Keswick :eek:)

hh

Try backing up any files with the extension .PWL (password list) and
cookies, since passwords are saved in them as well.
HH

På Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:55:12 +0200, skrev karen <karen.webmail@gmail.com>:

> Hi All,

<snip>