[PC Gaming] Skyrim is CHOPPY.

_s0ap

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hey guys, I just installed Skyrim, and no watter what, my Y axis is INCREDIBLY choppy when I move, as if I'm running down stairs. Its only slight on the X axis, and even less all around in 3rd person, but its so annoying, it's keeping me from playing the game altogether. I updated, but nothing helped. All my other games run pefectly fine, ultra smooth, great graphics, but Skyrim just doesn't manage. Occasional texture glitches, and this choppyness is just making the game unplayable.

Anyone know a solution for this? please help.

AMD 7870
i5 3550
8gb RAM

_s0ap

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

My Morphological is already off.

Goldenblood

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Damn, I've heard of this problem before and there was an easy fix for it, but I forgot since it never happened to me. Try researching some more on the problem, I know for a fact that there is a setting you have to tweak (I believe somewhere in config?)

_s0ap

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Drivers fine, and I can run max settings, I do on all my games. It's just odd, even my ISO cracks are smoother than butter. I've messed around with some aliasing, and got it
Toned down a little smoother, but it's just finer, faster chops.

_s0ap

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Kind of sounds like micro stuttering. Have you set CCC to default and let apps choose settings? Maybe go onto the nexus website and download this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/48

It worked!!!! thes just the ever so slightest chop, but i think its the mouse, and I'm getting a new mouse this week. But thank you!!!!!!!!