Larry Page Does the Google Management Shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

nellyspageli

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
@genericuser it is a direct quote from the latimes article actually, yet Jane didn't bother quoting.

@tomshardware, you are a tech news site, that means that when you are quoting a normal news site for tech news, you really lost it. this was last weeks news

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]nellyspageli[/nom]@genericuser it is a direct quote from the latimes article actually, yet Jane didn't bother quoting.[/citation]

LA Times is listed as the source of this news at least twice throughout the article. I've added quotation marks to make it more clear that this is information obtained from the LA Times. Sorry for that confusion.

[citation][nom]nellyspageli[/nom]@tomshardware, you are a tech news site, that means that when you are quoting a normal news site for tech news, you really lost it. this was last weeks news[/citation]

We are a tech news site and yes, in this instance, we are quoting a "normal news site." However, the LA Times is actually the source of this news item and with Google refusing to comment on the specifics of the reorganisation, we must use the LA Times information regarding who's been moved to what position. Wired also cites the LA Times as the source for this information.

As for tech sites being behind "normal news sites," it is not uncommon for sites that are not exclusively technology related to scoop exclusively tech sites. The AP often gets to tech stories before the tech blogs and the Wall Street Journal is routinely first with information on Apple or Apple products. Just last week the Dallas Morning News beat everyone to the news that GameStop was considering a game streaming service and their own-brand tablets. This was because Dallas Morning News was the only publication in attendance at GameStop's Investor's Day meeting.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]LA Times is listed as the source of this news at least twice throughout the article. I've added quotation marks to make it more clear that this is information obtained from the LA Times. Sorry for that confusion.We are a tech news site and yes, in this instance, we are quoting a "normal news site." However, the LA Times is actually the source of this news item and with Google refusing to comment on the specifics of the reorganisation, we must use the LA Times information regarding who's been moved to what position. Wired also cites the LA Times as the source for this information. As for tech sites being behind "normal news sites," it is not uncommon for sites that are not exclusively technology related to scoop exclusively tech sites. The AP often gets to tech stories before the tech blogs and the Wall Street Journal is routinely first with information on Apple or Apple products. Just last week the Dallas Morning News beat everyone to the news that GameStop was considering a game streaming service and their own-brand tablets. This was because Dallas Morning News was the only publication in attendance at GameStop's Investor's Day meeting.[/citation]
So be told!
Don't question the Blarney Angel or you will suffer her wrath.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I wish google was not looking this hard into the social part. From what I am observing so far, their "open" ways look like "our way or the high way". Right now the highway is having a lot of traffic elsewhere (facebook) and google wants it.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]nellyspageli[/nom]@genericuser it is a direct quote from the latimes article actually, yet Jane didn't bother quoting.@tomshardware, you are a tech news site, that means that when you are quoting a normal news site for tech news, you really lost it. this was last weeks news[/citation]

Yeah! I wouldn't tempt death by attacking Jane. She does, as we should all know by now, know how to shoot a gun! Trolls beware! :p

@Jane: I didn't know about this yet, however, it's good to know why Tom's can sometimes be "behind" other news venues. :D Oh, and thanks for the article aaannd don't shoot me! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.