Building Gaming Computer for Guild Wars 2 (First time)

Reii

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,
Some friends have suggested me to build a computer instead of buying a Dell and told me to come here and ask the community for help.
I have searched the threads but there weren't many on Guild Wars 2.
I did some research and saw this post (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/377929-31-buying-building-gaming-computer-advice)
but it was for a Gaming PC for $1500 but my budget is around $1000.

I'm not sure what kind of information I need to give for help.
I am a girl and never messed with computer parts before, I only know how to use a computer and install and play games.
But I am willing to give it a try and build a computer! Is it also possible to build a computer that is easy to modify/upgrade for long-term use?

I would like to use the computer to play Guild Wars 2 on the highest graphic settings and also do some graphic renderings but it is mainly for a lot of MMORPG gaming.

Below are Guild Wars 2 minimum requirements:
Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
25 GB available HDD space
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

Below are the V-ray Graphic Rendering requirements:
For Windows Vista and Windows 7
Minimum hardware
1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB of total harddisk
space, 3D class Video Card with 256 MB of
memory or higher. Please ensure that the video card
driver supports OpenGL version 1.5 or higher and up
to date.

BUDGET: Approx. $1000-$1200

I would also like to be able to have 2 monitors to the computer.

Not sure if I am asking for too much, is the budget enough? Feel free to ask for more information!

Thank you so much in advance! I apologize for the length of this post. I saw many other posts and it solved with the use of the pcpartpicker site, which I think is the coolest and user-friendly site for buying for beginners.

hcool1987

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hey just FYI DO NOT get windows 8 for your operating system, I just got done building a new computer, probably around $1,300 it cost me, and I love it but GW2, Lineage II and many other games do not work on W8 atm.

Build
CPU - Intel LGA2011 i7-3820 @ 4.3Ghz
Cooler - Cosair H100i w/ Push/Pull
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-79S-UD5
Memory - 8GB (2x4) G.SKILL Ripjaws X
Graphics - Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB

Not true. I've been gaming Guild Wars 2 on Windows 8 since the launch of Windows 8.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1192708-Windows-8-Guild-Wars-2-Performance

The performance is a little worse on Windows 8. Still an optimization issue, because theoretically Windows 8 should be better at gaming due to lower performance Draw.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

Those games run fine on my W8.

TRENDING THREADS