Motherboard: AsRock Z77-Extreme 4
RAM: 1600 Mhz(8Gx2) G.Skill-Ares
SSD: Intel SSD-330 SATA3 120G
HDD: Seagate SATA3 1TB
GPU: 2GB Radeon HD 7870 Gigabyte
CPU: Intel i5-3570K
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 700W
Case: Coolermaster SGC-1000

This build costs me about $1000 in Aus, i can spend a bit more but nothing drastic

My question is: will this be good enough to run planetside 2 for example, on decent fps? Should I look to get an i7 instead?

Will that power supply be enough if i feel like adding another graphics card in the future?

Any tips are appreciated thanks

Solution
find a better psu the tr2 is a very poorly made 1 thermaltake farm out there psu manufacture to different companies so different models are different quality and the tr2 is 1 of the poor 1s.
pick somthing by antec, seasonic, corsair or coolermaster.
550-650w will be more than enough for a single card setup while 750w will be enough for sli/crossfire.

amd use crossfire to name there multi card setup
while nvidia use sli...

find a better psu the tr2 is a very poorly made 1 thermaltake farm out there psu manufacture to different companies so different models are different quality and the tr2 is 1 of the poor 1s.
pick somthing by antec, seasonic, corsair or coolermaster.
550-650w will be more than enough for a single card setup while 750w will be enough for sli/crossfire.

amd use crossfire to name there multi card setup
while nvidia use sli...

Solution

TheGhxst

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
i5's are normally better for strictly gaming as far as I understand. i7's are better for workstations, so you should be perfectly fine using an i5. And yes, Planetside won't be an issue with those specs.

laz10

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Thanks for your reply, I read reviews before i picked the psu http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermaltake-TR2-700-W-Power-Supply-Review/1422 this one said it was good.

Ill get a 750W at least, cheers

The Thermaltake TR2 700 W is manufactured by FSP; it is actually a rebranded FSP700-80GHN(85) unit, which is also sold as the FSP Epsilon 85 Plus 700.
like i said they farm them out... i hope you looked up the FSP epsilon as well...
not all there psus are poor. i have a toughpower 850watt myself so they do have the odd decent 1. just not very many. in this case i should have checked my facts as i was goinf off past history of the tr2, but it seems that this psu is actually pretty decent. sorry about that...
anyways good luck and thanx for selecting my answer.