  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
June 3, 2004 5:25:54 PM

I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?

Thanks,
Mark

More about : update causing cashing

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 3, 2004 10:40:22 PM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0400, FERRANTE
<manthonyferrante@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
>major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
>freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
>Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
>anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

There's a big problem for many people with v5.0 of ZA. To
date it has not been fixed; and ZL is recommending going back to v4.5
until it is fixed.

Check out the user groups on the ZL website for all the gory
details.
June 3, 2004 11:16:32 PM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0400, FERRANTE wrote:

> I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
> major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
> freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
> Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
> anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

No, I'm not having any problems with ZAP installed on several systems. I
use Avast! anti-virus, BTW.

Regards

Bill
a b 8 Security
June 4, 2004 3:59:49 PM

The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.

DDDD

<Nobody You Need To Know> wrote in message
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0400, FERRANTE
> <manthonyferrante@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
> >major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
> >freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
> >Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
> >anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mark
>
> There's a big problem for many people with v5.0 of ZA. To
> date it has not been fixed; and ZL is recommending going back to v4.5
> until it is fixed.
>
> Check out the user groups on the ZL website for all the gory
> details.

June 4, 2004 4:19:06 PM

Sometime on, or about Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:59:49 -0400, DDDD scribbled:

> The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.
>
> DDDD

Not if you do a clean uninstall. Instead of using the Control Panel
uninstall process, try using this at a command prompt instead:
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean

Sam
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 5, 2004 4:32:47 AM

In article <mknub0h8tfb58fvtftsatf5stj9uehajr8@4ax.com>,
manthonyferrante@yahoo.com says...
> I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
> major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
> freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
> Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
> anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I have 4 machines running XP and XAP. One of these reset
repeatedly with ZAP 5 and no BSOD or other error report to
trace the problem. It runs fine with Norton Personal
Firewall. Guess what I will buy next time subscription
renewal comes around.
--
Murray
Anonymous

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 00:32:47 GMT, M. Treloar <mtreloarREMOVETHIS@treloar.on.ca> wrote:

>In article <mknub0h8tfb58fvtftsatf5stj9uehajr8@4ax.com>,
>manthonyferrante@yahoo.com says...
>> I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
>> major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
>> freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
>> Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
>> anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>>
>I have 4 machines running XP and XAP. One of these reset
>repeatedly with ZAP 5 and no BSOD or other error report to
>trace the problem. It runs fine with Norton Personal
>Firewall. Guess what I will buy next time subscription
>renewal comes around.

Kerio? Works for me...

DR
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 12, 2004 11:52:40 PM

"Sam" <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com> wrote in message
> Sometime on, or about Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:59:49 -0400, DDDD scribbled:
>
> > The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.
> >
> > DDDD
>
> Not if you do a clean uninstall. Instead of using the Control Panel
> uninstall process, try using this at a command prompt instead:
> C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean
>
> Sam
===============

I'm not sure how to get a command prompt. Could someone point me in the
right direction? Thanks.

--

fc42
Constant change is here to stay.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:52:40 -0500, fc42 spoketh

>"Sam" <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com> wrote in message
>> Sometime on, or about Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:59:49 -0400, DDDD scribbled:
>>
>> > The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.
>> >
>> > DDDD
>>
>> Not if you do a clean uninstall. Instead of using the Control Panel
>> uninstall process, try using this at a command prompt instead:
>> C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean
>>
>> Sam
>
>I'm not sure how to get a command prompt. Could someone point me in the
>right direction? Thanks.

Click on the "start" button.
Select "Run ..."
type "cmd" if you have NT4, W2K or WXP, then hit enter.
type "command" if you have Windows98.

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net