ZA update causing cashing??

I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?

Thanks,
Mark
8 answers Last reply
More about update causing cashing

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0400, FERRANTE
    <manthonyferrante@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
    >major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
    >freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
    >Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
    >anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Mark

    There's a big problem for many people with v5.0 of ZA. To
    date it has not been fixed; and ZL is recommending going back to v4.5
    until it is fixed.

    Check out the user groups on the ZL website for all the gory
    details.

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0400, FERRANTE wrote:

    > I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
    > major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
    > freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
    > Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
    > anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    No, I'm not having any problems with ZAP installed on several systems. I
    use Avast! anti-virus, BTW.

    Regards

    Bill

    The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.

    DDDD

    <Nobody You Need To Know> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:25:54 -0400, FERRANTE
    > <manthonyferrante@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
    > >major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
    > >freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
    > >Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
    > >anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Mark
    >
    > There's a big problem for many people with v5.0 of ZA. To
    > date it has not been fixed; and ZL is recommending going back to v4.5
    > until it is fixed.
    >
    > Check out the user groups on the ZL website for all the gory
    > details.

    Sometime on, or about Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:59:49 -0400, DDDD scribbled:

    > The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.
    >
    > DDDD

    Not if you do a clean uninstall. Instead of using the Control Panel
    uninstall process, try using this at a command prompt instead:
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean

    Sam

    In article <mknub0h8tfb58fvtftsatf5stj9uehajr8@4ax.com>,
    manthonyferrante@yahoo.com says...
    > I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
    > major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
    > freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
    > Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
    > anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    I have 4 machines running XP and XAP. One of these reset
    repeatedly with ZAP 5 and no BSOD or other error report to
    trace the problem. It runs fine with Norton Personal
    Firewall. Guess what I will buy next time subscription
    renewal comes around.
    --
    Murray

    On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 00:32:47 GMT, M. Treloar <mtreloarREMOVETHIS@treloar.on.ca> wrote:

    >In article <mknub0h8tfb58fvtftsatf5stj9uehajr8@4ax.com>,
    >manthonyferrante@yahoo.com says...
    >> I read in the Kim Kommando newsletter that some people were having
    >> major problems with the new Zone Alarm update causing
    >> freezing/crashing. I am having major freezing and I am using AVG
    >> Anti-virus. She said that the update is conflicting with other
    >> anti-virus programs. Anyone else having problems?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mark
    >>
    >I have 4 machines running XP and XAP. One of these reset
    >repeatedly with ZAP 5 and no BSOD or other error report to
    >trace the problem. It runs fine with Norton Personal
    >Firewall. Guess what I will buy next time subscription
    >renewal comes around.

    Kerio? Works for me...

    DR

    "Sam" <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com> wrote in message
    > Sometime on, or about Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:59:49 -0400, DDDD scribbled:
    >
    > > The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.
    > >
    > > DDDD
    >
    > Not if you do a clean uninstall. Instead of using the Control Panel
    > uninstall process, try using this at a command prompt instead:
    > C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean
    >
    > Sam
    ===============

    I'm not sure how to get a command prompt. Could someone point me in the
    right direction? Thanks.

    --

    fc42
    Constant change is here to stay.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:52:40 -0500, fc42 spoketh

    >"Sam" <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com> wrote in message
    >> Sometime on, or about Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:59:49 -0400, DDDD scribbled:
    >>
    >> > The problem is that when you go back to 4.5, you still have problems.
    >> >
    >> > DDDD
    >>
    >> Not if you do a clean uninstall. Instead of using the Control Panel
    >> uninstall process, try using this at a command prompt instead:
    >> C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean
    >>
    >> Sam
    >
    >I'm not sure how to get a command prompt. Could someone point me in the
    >right direction? Thanks.

    Click on the "start" button.
    Select "Run ..."
    type "cmd" if you have NT4, W2K or WXP, then hit enter.
    type "command" if you have Windows98.

    Lars M. Hansen
    www.hansenonline.net

Firewalls Security Antivirus Networking