Skyrim lagginess

The game recommends I play it on high settings, but when I set it to that it runs at about 10 - 20 fps, and to me that's unplayable. I just recently switched it over to the lowest possible settings, and I only get a 10 fps increase, both indoors and outdoors. Something must be wrong, because the way I see it I should be able to run this game on at least medium settings with more than 30 fps.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Any help is appreciated, love the game but it's hard to play when it runs like a slide-show.
4 answers Last reply
More about skyrim lagginess
  1. That is a very weak GPU.

Oc it and then oc your CPU and see if you get any gains.
  2. Are you running any mods? If so try without them. If not check what temps and % usage the CPU and GPU are at. You should be able to play on high with no AA @ 1920 x 1080 with around 30fps.
  3. darth pravus said:
    That is a very weak GPU.

Oc it and then oc your CPU and see if you get any gains.

Thank you.

Overclocking it upped the framerate quite a bit.

Have you set CCC to default and let apps choose settings? Maybe go onto the nexus website and download this mod:

That mod seems to be out of date, and causes water to be an opaque brown color when submerged. I believe my CCC settings are set to allow applications and choose the settings, what would be an indicator for that?
  4. Also try using no mods.

If CCC is set to use app settings then all is well. Just make sure nothing is on quality or enhance.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games FPS Video Games