Sign in with
Your question

Skyrim lagginess

Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2013 6:03:47 AM

The game recommends I play it on high settings, but when I set it to that it runs at about 10 - 20 fps, and to me that's unplayable. I just recently switched it over to the lowest possible settings, and I only get a 10 fps increase, both indoors and outdoors. Something must be wrong, because the way I see it I should be able to run this game on at least medium settings with more than 30 fps.

Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

RAM: 8 GB

Any help is appreciated, love the game but it's hard to play when it runs like a slide-show.

More about : skyrim lagginess

January 4, 2013 6:15:39 AM

That is a very weak GPU.

Oc it and then oc your CPU and see if you get any gains.
January 4, 2013 8:49:37 AM

Are you running any mods? If so try without them. If not check what temps and % usage the CPU and GPU are at. You should be able to play on high with no AA @ 1920 x 1080 with around 30fps.
Related resources
January 4, 2013 7:32:37 PM

darth pravus said:
That is a very weak GPU.

Oc it and then oc your CPU and see if you get any gains.

Thank you.

Overclocking it upped the framerate quite a bit.

Quote:
Have you set CCC to default and let apps choose settings? Maybe go onto the nexus website and download this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/48

That mod seems to be out of date, and causes water to be an opaque brown color when submerged. I believe my CCC settings are set to allow applications and choose the settings, what would be an indicator for that?
January 5, 2013 8:02:18 AM

Also try using no mods.

If CCC is set to use app settings then all is well. Just make sure nothing is on quality or enhance.
!