GTA SA Mouse not working (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobverheul

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
He guys, so i just got my new gaming pc today with an i7 3770k and a GTX680 Twinfrozr but i don't have any good graphic games, and i'm out of money (Im 13) so i put gta sa in my pc and my mouse wont react if i click, you can see it fly at the menu but i can't click any thing (only with the arrow keys) i also am using windows 8. please help because i don't have anything to play on my pc... :(

specs:

i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz
msi twinfrozr gtx680 OC
16GB Vengeance (2x8)
128gb ssd
1000gb hdd
h80i cooling
Windows 8

manik_79

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

this problem often occurs if you have copied the game from someone........

bobverheul

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
No i didn't downloaded it or copied, i have installed it from a cd drive, ive bought the game a while ago, please help

bobverheul

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
No. its already set as mouse and keyboard, everything works, but i cant click anything in the menu and in the game i cant move the camera.

then something isnt working as it should because gta works with the mouse and keyboard. check to see you dont have something disabled for mouse input such as the wrong keys maped to the mouse click. you may need to access the games config files manually rather than though the games menu.

rohn_avni

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Well I too face this issue a lot of times, only observed this issue on win 7, on xp no issue.
just apply latest patch for the game that claims to resolve this particular issue.

TIP -When mouse stops working simple press ESC & and move mouse in all direction in the pause menu itself & while doing that again press ESC, u will come back to game with working mouse. well this method works for me, discovered by me. :)

rohn_avni

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

No this is a official bug & there is a patch also for the same from rockstar.
it happens with fresh installation also, no relation of copying game or whatever.... :non:

magmand

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
I did have same problem i fixed it by running it in compatibility mode windows98/windows me
and going into settings in game and taking steer with mouse on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.