mobo/ram compatibility HELP!

eugenlebt

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2003
Hi!
I just got a new motherboard,GA 7N400-L,CPU (AMD 2600+), etc. Also I got myself 2 x dual channel ddr400 256mb RAM. The board supports dual channel memory(that's one of the reasons I got it), but whenever I install the 2 DIMM's into the board (as illustrated in the mb's manual to support dual channel) the board wont boot up! It definitely cant be the RAM, cuz they both work fine when inserted individually or as non-supported dual channel. Also, I updated the BIOS, downloaded the latest drivers etc - but it still doesnt support the dual channel. I checked the BIOS settings - the memory is set to 400mhz - so what is the **** problem here??? Of course I've written an email to Giga-Bytes tech support, but they seem to be taking their time answering. The annoying part of it is, this way the new pc is just as "slow" as my old pc (3yr old Dell). In fact with aquamark benchmark it even gets less points.
Does anyone have advice? PLEASE!!!

Soliton

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2003
Won't boot at all?
What happens? Just the "normal" "blink blink" and nothing happens?
Too high RAM settings? I don't know...

eugenlebt

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2003
no, wont boot at all. power on= beeeeeep beeeeeeep beeeeeep continously. both rams work just fine when in non dual channel mode.
the settings are pretty much on auto, so....
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by eugenlebt on 11/12/03 09:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>