new processor for compaq 5834?

i want to upgrade the processor (500mhz celeron) in my presario 5834.
the motherboard is a Compaq 0608h. how do i know what it can support? i
only want to add a faster celeron. somewhere around the 1.5 Ghz range.
can i do it?

--
gnznroses
1 answer Last reply

    I'm afraid the 5834 has the early Intel 810 chipset which limits you to a
    66MHz processor bus. Your Celeron 500MHz is for practical purposes the
    fastest the board supports.

    HH

    "gnznroses" <gnznroses.1vxojm@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

    > i want to upgrade the processor (500mhz celeron) in my presario 5834.
    > the motherboard is a Compaq 0608h. how do i know what it can support? i
    > only want to add a faster celeron. somewhere around the 1.5 Ghz range.
    > can i do it?
    >

    > --
    > gnznroses

Compaq Celeron Processors Computers