  • Processors
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
September 25, 2005 11:42:29 PM

i want to upgrade the processor (500mhz celeron) in my presario 5834.
the motherboard is a Compaq 0608h. how do i know what it can support? i
only want to add a faster celeron. somewhere around the 1.5 Ghz range.
can i do it?

--
gnznroses

More about : processor compaq 5834

September 26, 2005 2:00:17 AM

I'm afraid the 5834 has the early Intel 810 chipset which limits you to a
66MHz processor bus. Your Celeron 500MHz is for practical purposes the
fastest the board supports.

HH

!