Verizon or Alltel?

I currently have Verizon service in Florida & was wondering if it would be
better to stay with Verizon or switch to Alltel when my contract it up. Am
I right to assume the coverage is the same or not? I can get more minutes
for the same price with Alltel but if the coverage is lousy why bother.

I used to have Alltel. Now I have Verizon, and its a *lot* better.
Just my opinion.

On 27 May 2005 13:15:43 -0700, "DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com>
wrote:

>I used to have Alltel. Now I have Verizon, and its a *lot* better.
>Just my opinion.

Where?

Larry W4CSC wrote:

> Alltel will NO LONGER put anyone else's CDMA tri-mode phone on Alltel's
> system....unless you pull some trick of deception and program it yourself.
> Don't try to put an Ebay phone on Alltel. They want nothing to do with it.

I assume you mean "don't buy a non-Alltel phone from eBay."

> Your mileage and experience may vary. I've been with both and like Alltel
> better.

Just to throw another data point into the mix, in Northeast Ohio they're
pretty much equal. Geauga, Lake and Cuyahoga counties are all equally
well-covered by VZW (the legacy CellularONE/AirTouch network) and Alltel
(the legacy GTE Mobilnet network). But further out, in Ashtabula County
on the PA state line, VZW seems to have forgotten that everything
immediately outside the City of Ashtabula exists, although when I left
Cleveland, they were getting better. In Ashtabula County, Alltel is
definitely a safer bet. FWIW, Alltel is the ILEC providing landlines in
Ashtabula and eastern Lake.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"