Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My P4C800-E Deluxe is overclocked, 2.6C at 3250MHz on stock cooling, 1.70v. Now, Probe reports it at 35C, and reports my chipset at 25C. Impossible. I put my hand on the cooler, it's hot; Not super hot, but hot.

I installed MBM5 and...can't find a temperature with it. So I'm stuck with Probe. I'm aware of Probe's past problems and was hoping this would be a bit better. Anyone know what to do with MBM5?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

VChuck

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
I also just recently downloaded that mbm5,justdoubleclick onthat icon that should have appearead and if you have that dashboard of theirs enabled it shows on your bottom tab. It's kind of small and can be easily missed. But I would'nt depend on the mbm5 because it seems to be off by 5to6c according to my bios readings. Hope this helps. Wow! being able to help the great Crashman!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
non, all my MBM5 dashboard temp readings are either 0 or -1 depending on which way I (mis)configure it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

VChuck

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
Geez, I don't know,wish I could help you as Ihave that asus probe also on my other comp.and am not happy as its temp.readings seem to be off also.possibly a bad link on that download of MBM5? Read that they had some faulty links could be possible that may have happened to you, try another link?

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
crash, is it giving you the same bull in your BIOS ? i mean, my cpu is cooler than my chipset b/c i watercool the cpu and the chipset is stock - does your chipset have an hsf?

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
and that will solve it how?

Other than that, there is not much to say, just make sure that mbm is detecting the right system monitor chip

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy

G

In MBM5, did you try to mess around with different BIOS types? Sometimes the program doesn't detect the proper chipset, and the readings are wrong until you select the right one.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It was a problem with my MBM5 version, I downloaded a newer version and it works fine! Thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, but the IS7 didn't have a game port header. I figured that feature alone made this board worth the extra $90!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey, you're the expert!

VChuck

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2003
I am not!You are!!I've read all your posts and the rest of these guys here at THGC and have learned agreat deal from this place,so I am thanking you all!!!a matter of fact I felt that it was only right to help if I could and it worked ,I will need some advice in the future, Oh Great One!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm not an expert at everything, and you're not a novice at everything. Congrats, you've been promoted!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I really didn't have many choices. The company that gave me the RAM tested the stuff on a P4C800. I had to use SOME version of the P4C800 in order to verify their claims. This is because, if the stuff hadn't worked at DDR500/2.75v on, say, an Abit IS7 (SWEET!), I wouldn't have known if it was a board issue or a RAM issue. Some boards stress RAM differently than others.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yeh, I paid a bit more for the board than I wanted, with in-store-credit I really didn't want to use yet, but the trade off was I got to keep $381 in top end RAM.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Nice, got a new system Crash. I assume you're going to get better cooling and overclock the CPU more.

-Intel PIV 2.6C @ 3.575G -Asus P4P800 -OCZ Copper 2x256 4000EL memory @ 275mhz 3-4-4-8 -Sapphire 9800np @ 432/760 -SB audigy -120G Maxtor Diamond Plus9 S-ATA150 hdd -450 Enermax PSU

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm thinking about developing and marketing a new cooling device, a basic evolution of some old ideas. The design is so simple, I can make the first one from the blueprints in my head.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
OK, good luck crash.

-Intel PIV 2.6C @ 3.575G -Asus P4P800 -OCZ Copper 2x256 4000EL memory @ 275mhz 3-4-4-8 -Sapphire 9800np @ 432/760 -SB audigy -120G Maxtor Diamond Plus9 S-ATA150 hdd -450 Enermax PSU