Why does skyrim keep crashing

a39232

Honorable
May 13, 2012
HI, when i play skyrim it seems to be random but happens most when I enter dungeons and mountains it seems to crash.

my specs are
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertoth 990FX R2.0
PSU: corsair AX 850
GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz edition
CPU: FX-8350
Cpu Cooler H60 push-pull with corsair SP 120 mm fans
CASE: NZXT Phantom (black version) http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom
RAM Corsair Vengence 16 GBS

My cpu only uses 15-20% cpu so I dont think its getting very hot
I'm using skyrim on all maxed setting gpu pnly reaches about 50c and I have the latest drivers runs at 90-99%.

most likely its the game rather than your hardware. you did load optomized defaults when you got the pc? if not do so. making sure you enable high precision event timer, also called event timer or precision timer (ahci menu in bios if its there.) set your pci-e priority and boot order then save and quit.
run the game from a fresh start and after you escape on the way to the first village there is a mine. enter it. if the game crashes then its likely the game install.
my guess is you have a lot of unfinished or bugged quests. this will make your save file very unstable...

also check out the community patches at the skyrim nexus thye may fix your crash problem without you having to restart from fresh.

The game is buggy. All you can do is go back to an earlier safe you made. I'm sorry to tell you, but something like it happened to me.

The guards were after me and everytime I paid my fee or went to jail the game crashed. Returning to an older safe where you didn't have the problem will most likely fix the issue.

It could also be because of some mods that doesn't Work together.

Hope this helped. :)