My OEM P4 2.6C cooler!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Keeps my 2.6C under 40C at 3250MHz around 1.725v. It's not even the copper core unit, it's the cheap aluminum one (aluminium for you brits).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Two things, first, Is that under load? and second, is that kind of voltage boost really neccessary? I have my 2.4C at 3.0 and when I change the voltage the only thing that gets effected is temp (sys stable like a rock) so I keep at at stock 1.525. I had to replace my stock fan with the the SLK-947U cause stock gave 46-68C @3GHZ with errors at Prime95, not it's 37-52 and no errors. I know it's still kinda high but I think it's cause of the warm weather.

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I ran a complete set of benchmarks, I'm using MBM5 for temp checks. I do have an open case, maybe that's why. My CPU won't run at 250MHz bus using the 1.65v setting.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
no complaints on the stock aluminum cooler (aluminium for you Z-landers). No need to lap it or use paste since temps are cool with the stock pad.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm using MBM5. 3250 is as high as I can go, anything higher won't load windows regardless of voltage or temp.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Have you used a temp probe on the cooler itself, see what kind of temps its running at compared to the core?

Good OC btw, and its spelt aluminium in ozland too :smile:

<b>Lead me not into temptation.
I know the way myself. :evil:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't have a temp probe, I put my hand on it and it feels like warm bath water temp, which lines up fairly well with my MBM5 temps.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
how much would those things cost?

-Intel PIV 2.6C @ 3.575G -Asus P4P800 -OCZ Copper 2x256 4000EL memory @ 275mhz 3-4-4-8 -Sapphire 9800np @ 432/760 -SB audigy -120G Maxtor Diamond Plus9 S-ATA150 hdd -450 Enermax PSU

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry, but I haven't gotten that far into the automotive industry.