I have A Turtle Beach PX5- PC setup question..

will759227

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
So i've paired it with my bluetooth and everything works fine with teamspeak/vent etc...Until i head in game. Then all hell breaks loose when the guild wars 2 settings select hands free stereo bluetooth . Eventually it all almost stops working. I suspect me avoiding the receiver is the problem. Meaning, since i don't have a optical output on my PC. i decided to just connect sound via the bluetooth and also the mic via the bluetooth.While this works sorta, as soon as you go into a game that uses other sound.It breaks. I think i have figured out the solution.But i just wanted to verify it. Since i do not have an optical output on my pc. i went ahead and bought one of these on amazon... Recoton Fiber Optic Toslink to 3.5mm Mini Adapter

http://www.amazon.com/Recoton-Fiber-Optic-Toslink-Adapter/dp/B0002MQGRM/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

Will this fix the situation? And more precise, will this resolve not having an optical out port on the pc? the pc has realtek hd audio with the gigabyte motherboard .. or would i need something like this ? http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Advantage-Digital-Adapter/dp/B0036VO4X4/ref=pd_sim_e_1

I don't think i need the micro 2. But maybe i'm wrong.That's why i am here :)

I should of picked up the slickdeals g930 deal the other day, but i do have a ps3, and while i may use the px5 more on my pc..I just like their quality and feel.So i am just trying to see if i can get this to work before i decided to return or not to return on a good deal i got on these $150.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
i think that should work as a possible solution as long as the plug works both ways and works in the way you need it.

a better long term solution if you have the option is to get a basic audio card that has a opitcal out on it, i know i bought my asus xonar DG (i think that is the model), either way it has a 3.5mm adapter that plugs in to the optical port on the card and converts it to toslink.

So my concern with this option you are looking in to may be that the adapter is for something like what i have on my audio card where it already outputs the optical through the 3.5mm jack and just needs the adapter

will759227

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
On sunday i went ahead and ordered the micro 2. Well today the adapter came... just tried it.. No work. No digital input light on the transmitter no sound etc... So we'll try again tomorrow when the micro 2... arrives

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
that's what i assumed, the adapter would have been used for something like with my sound card there it has a 3.5mm and it is already sending out a light signal and just requires the adapter.